Healthiest Fast Food salad?

Options
I offer find my self having to eat fast food due to time constraints. Now that I'm eating healthy, I go with salads. Which salads would be the healthiest and taste well? My favorites are the Apple Pecan Chicken Salad at Wendy's or the Double Chopped Chicken Salad from subway.

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I suggest that you look at the nutritional information on the website for each restaurant you frequent and pick out a few things that you like which fit within your goals. Don't limit yourself to salad. Lots of places have grilled chicken and other items which are perfectly fine. Make a list of acceptable items at each restaurant, including something that you consider a splurge item (something you wouldn't eat each time, but doesn't totally blow your day, like a small burger) and keep the list in your phone or some other easily accessible place.
  • oinkerjnn
    oinkerjnn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Chicken Cobb salad at Zaxbys is ok, get it without toast and cheese.

I don't eat fast food often but if I have to I get the cool wrap at chickfila. 340 calories, and its actually filling, with a whole wheat wrap.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I've never thought of going to a fast food place for a salad (or much else tbh).

However it's very quick to buy a pre-packaged salad and a can of tuna or similar from a supermarket.
  • hannhr
    hannhr Posts: 22
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A Grilled Market Salad. Spring mix base with blue cheese, strawberries, blueberries, green apple pieces, and sliced chicken breast. Comes with nuts, granola, and dressing on the side. It's very expensive but I get it when I'm in a rush and don't have lunch/dinner with me.
  • jeannelabanane
    jeannelabanane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I suggest that you look at the nutritional information on the website for each restaurant you frequent and pick out a few things that you like which fit within your goals. Don't limit yourself to salad. Lots of places have grilled chicken and other items which are perfectly fine. Make a list of acceptable items at each restaurant, including something that you consider a splurge item (something you wouldn't eat each time, but doesn't totally blow your day, like a small burger) and keep the list in your phone or some other easily accessible place.

This is a great idea!