CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER ADDICTION

Options
I am ADDICTED to Peanut Butter & Co. dark chocolate dreams peanut butter! I could literally eat the entire container in 1 day, yes, it's that bad! I need an alternative. Has anyone tried the chocolate flavored PB2? What is your opinion of it? helpppp!!! lol :noway:

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It's pretty good.

If you want something A LOT more flavorful, and almost exactly like PB2.... go to www.myoatmeal.com and literally CREATE your OWN PBLean (which is pb2).

It's a little more $$ but it's worth it. I love eating my cake batter flavored PBLean and german chocolate cake.
  • Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just checked out the website, I am def gonna try this, thank you!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Another alternative is to make your own.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm also addicted...but usually 1tbsp a day will get me through....so I have been able to keep it within my goals!! But will check out these great ideas for alternatives!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I don't like PB2 for mixing with water and creating PB. I do LOVE my PB2 to add to my chocolate shakes/protein drinks. its sooooooo delish!
  • jonniemomof9ak
    jonniemomof9ak Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love anything PB chocolate, and have since I was as young as I can remember. If I have a treat, I actually measure it out, and try to keep it in my calorie goal. Ice cream is like 1/2 a cup for 150 calories- I can eat it slowly, and get a lot of satisfaction from 1/2 cup. I am off to check out the website above. Yummm.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, you could make yourself a human sacrifice of sorts and eat so much in a day that it makes you physically and mentally ill and you never want to eat it again. That worked for me and Peeps.

Also, if you just eat it out of the jar, chocolate cake frosting is lower in calories.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, you could make yourself a human sacrifice of sorts and eat so much in a day that it makes you physically and mentally ill and you never want to eat it again. That worked for me and Peeps.
    I have done that before. lol
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Yep, I can not even look at Dunkin' Donuts Munchkins.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

Also, if you just eat it out of the jar, chocolate cake frosting is lower in calories.

If aversion therapy worked on me, there are entire categories of foods I'd never be able to look at again without feeling ill. The only food I couldn't eat for years was a hard candy I ate right before I came down with the worst stomach virus ever. Not recommended.
  • L0te
    L0te Posts: 14
    Options
    I actually just bought this exact pbutter for the first time a few weeks ago. Pretty darn good! I don't let myself eat it without measuring out an exact 2 TBSP serving. It covers a (chocolate) rice cake with a nice thick layer (and presumably a small piece of bread the same way). Just had that for breakfast.

Try to limit yourself to a measured serving or two a day, so you aren't missing it entirely and get tempted to buy and binge!
  • Phatgirl420
    Phatgirl420 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have ate the whole jar, and said, yuck, can't believe I ate all that, and I am not buying anymore, than literally a week later, I start craving it again lol
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't like PB2 for mixing with water and creating PB. I do LOVE my PB2 to add to my chocolate shakes/protein drinks. its sooooooo delish!

+1
    I tried Pb2 on my toast, and it didn't satisfy me. I went back to real peanut butter the next day.

However, Chocolate Pb2 in my smoothie is fabulous!! I get a whole chocolate peanut butter smoothie for about 185 calories.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I HATE PB2 as peanut butter. But in shakes and smoothies it's good for flavor. I think I don't like it because it's grainy.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Attention attention, there is a chocolate peanutbutter beer. I just found out about this earlier today.... http://uncrate.com/stuff/duclaw-sweet-baby-jesus-chocolate-peanut-butter-porter-beer/

It's supposedly pretty good but heavy, as in you probably only want one or two at the most.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I don't love PB2 when mixed with water as a peanut butter replacement, but mixed in smoothies and yogurt, its amazing. I also like using the plain PB2 as a replacement for peanut butter in thai sauces.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I actually like PB2 as a replacement for peanut butter, I dip apples in it.... BUT there's something off about the chocolate one. Tastes OK, but it always seems runny to me.
  • swaters28
    Options
    Thanks for the website, looks good.
  • TimTomakin
    TimTomakin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When turning the PB2 into "peanut butter" the flavor is really lacking and unsatisfying. However, I find it tastes better when you add the powder to oatmeal and protein shakes.
  • ShannonS921
    Options

This is why I no longer eat Nutella.