6 Month Fitness Anniversary!

Options
aem91409
aem91409 Posts: 137 Member
Happy Friday everyone!
Well, this Sunday marks my 6 month fitness anniversary! However I do my weigh ins and pictures on Fridays, so I'm just pretending it's today :smile:
My first day at the gym and counting my calories was February 3, 2014. The night before, my sister-in-law and I were talking about her wedding, that is on August 23rd, and we decided that we HAD to lose at least some weight before it, we both have kids and not a lot of time on our hands, so we decided our best bet was to go to the gym at 4:00 a.m. while our other halves were still sleeping at home with the kiddos. :noway: I know, crazy right?! But you gotta do what you gotta do...
I am 5'3" and on February 3, 2014 my numbers were:
169.2 pounds
chest measurement 36"
waist measurement 35"
hips measurement I think was 41"
[Pictures on the left]
Today, August 1, 2014 my numbers are:
148.8 pounds
chest measurement 36"
wasit measurement 30"
hips measurement 39"
[Picutre on right]
With a total loss of 20.4 pounds, 5" from my waist, and 2" from my hips! Woohoo! I am still CLEARLY a work in progress, but I think I'm doing well :happy:
photo12_zpsb064467b.jpg

photo2_zpsa7139be2.jpg

I wish I was taking back pictures from the start, but I only started it last month.
Left Picture:
July 3, 2014
151.2 pounds, waist 31"
Right Picture:
August 1, 2014
148.8 pounds, waist 30"
Not a huge change, but not too bad for a month's time. Excited to see what it looks like in a few months :wink:

photo1_zpsc3c9b76c.jpg

My sister-in-laws wedding is now 3 weeks and one day away, and my goal has been to get down to 145 by that day [3.8 pounds]. Not sure if I'll get there but I think I'll get pretty damn close.

I have a 3 year old son that I cannot blame my weight gain on at all, because I gained all of my weight about 2 years after I had him. I was curious about what my pre-pregnancy weight was so I called my doctor to get that number the other day, and on April 7, 2010 I weighed 138 pounds. I'M ONLY 10 POUNDS AWAY FROM MY PRE-BABY WEIGHT! And I didn't hate how I looked before I got pregnant! I wore bikinis comfortably, was comfortable in my clothes... I was SOOO surprised when I heard that number! Made me even more motivated and excited for this journey.

After the wedding goal, I am going to the Dominican Republic at the end of January, right around my 1 year fitness anniversary! As much as I would LOVE to reach my goal of 120 pounds [50 pounds lost], I don't want to set myself up for failure. So I am hoping to lose another 18 pounds by then, putting me at 130. And who knows, as I get closer to my goal I may change it depending what I look like!

I want to thank all of my wonderful MFP friends that I adore :flowerforyou:
And if anyone wants to add me, feel free! Can never have too many friends!!
Thanks for reading :heart:

Replies

• aem91409
    Options
    Don't know why the hell my ticker says "livre"...?
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Grats! You can definitely tell a difference. :wink:

(Ticker) XD I'm not sure either. All I can say is to double check what system your ticker is using (metric, etc). >.>; Or language. I think livre is French? Not sure why half would be in French, and the other half in English, lol.
  • jaxgetshealthy
    jaxgetshealthy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    congratulations ... you look great.. what a difference.. your hard work has definitely paid off
  • aem91409
    Options
    Haha yeah me either! So weird, and I don't remember how to get to my ticker settings :[
  • Moses101
    Moses101 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow to getting up at 4am! It's def paying off though you are looking fab! Congrats
  • aem91409
    Options
    Thank you! Forgot to add, I was .2 pounds away from an obese BMI, and now I'm in the lower end of the overweight category :smile:
  • melissaelizabeth06
    Options
    Way to go girl. You look great, keep up the good work. Def an inspiration. We are pretty much identical in goals!! I took pictures 7.1.13 (at least around that date). When I hit my 6 mo I will def do a before and after too! I don't have measurements but it's ok. Doing great!! :)
  • aem91409
    Options
    Way to go girl. You look great, keep up the good work. Def an inspiration. We are pretty much identical in goals!! I took pictures 7.1.13 (at least around that date). When I hit my 6 mo I will def do a before and after too! I don't have measurements but it's ok. Doing great!! :)

Id definitely suggest doing measurements! Shoes stuff the scale doesn't ;)
  • aem91409
    Options
    Wow to getting up at 4am! It's def paying off though you are looking fab! Congrats

Yeah it's EXHAUSTING! But honestly, I'm more tired and mopey on days that I don't get my *kitten* out of bed lol, it's strange.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I can relate because 1. I started in Feb of this year. Feb 12th is the 1st day I exercised and Feb 14th the 1st day I logged. 2. My sister in law's upcoming wedding was a big motivational factor. Although she's not getting married until Spring of next year. 3. I also get out of bed early 4:15 for me to exercise while my little one and husband are still sleeping but I exercise at home. So congrats!!!! and hopefully I'll have something to show next week when my 6 month fitness anniversary is here!
  • aem91409
    Options
    Fantastic job! I can relate because 1. I started in Feb of this year. Feb 12th is the 1st day I exercised and Feb 14th the 1st day I logged. 2. My sister in law's upcoming wedding was a big motivational factor. Although she's not getting married until Spring of next year. 3. I also get out of bed early 4:15 for me to exercise while my little one and husband are still sleeping but I exercise at home. So congrats!!!! and hopefully I'll have something to show next week when my 6 month fitness anniversary is here!

Wow we're a lot alike! Good luck to you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!