do you have more appetite on rewt days?

Options
Hi

I have more appetite and tend to eat more on rest days. Is it normal? Do you eat more on reat days?

Replies

• swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I think exercise decreases my appetite for a few hours, so I do tend to be hungrier during the day on rest days. I lifted weights early this morning and had a big breakfast afterwards. But now I have little appetite and just now ate lunch several hours later. By tonight, though, I will probably be very hungry!
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    If I've been working out hard enough to need a full-on rest day, yeah. Makes sense -- body is trying to rebuild muscle and replenish glycogen stores...stands to reason you'd need fuel for that.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Saturday is generally a rest day for me, so .. yes.. but it's more to do with Saturday than rest day.
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It may just have something to do with the fact that we associate lounging and eating. When we are active we tend to eat better as to not let our exercise go in vain. It's physical as well as psychological. Ask yourself if you are hungry or thirsty. If you can't stop thinking about food then do something like a puzzle, video game something that will take your mind off snacking or over eating it does not have to be intense exercise.
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have that happen a lot. Especially on the rest days after my long runs I could eat all day! Maybe try to eat a few more calories on those days in the morning seems to help me. Good luck!
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    On exercise days I get activity specific hunger which ends once I eat. On rest days I don't get so many cues.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    What's a rewt day?
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry

Me too.
  • TheMotivator123
    Options
    On rest days yes. But resaons why is bc on rest I am not going going going so my body gets bored and nothing to do it thinks aboutwating, which is not a bad thing. This my time to build and replenish all the beating I gave it thru the week.
  • AusteenaHayes
    Options
    Mainly boredom for me so I try to distract myself until I know I'm hungry for real, to the point where my stomach feels empty. Running and strength training actually make me have a small appetite to be honest.
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm always hungry

Me too.

This.

Multiplied by 700 after leg day.