Hi

Options
Hi to you all!

Just want to say a quick hello and tell you reason why i have started using this site....,

I have always thought the way to lose weight was to eat less and exercise more (input vs output) but recently I have been educated that if you eat the right amount of calories per day for your weight/height/age combined with regular exercise this will help aid weight loss! I found that was eating too few calories each day for the amount of exercise i was doing.... which I am told is causing my body to go in to starvation mode, therefore making it harder for me to lose weight. I have always been able to maintain my weight but i find it extremely hard to lose weight so I have decided to use this site to keep track of my calorie intake and log my food and exercise and maintain a steady diet that with provide weight loss.

I need motivation to get out of the habit of thinking that if i eat less i will weigh less...and that it's ok to eat more ( healthy of course) if i am exercising. If anyone has any food or fitness tips I'd appreciate any help and feel free to add me!

Good luck to you all!

Amanda
xx

Replies

• meluns89
    Options
    Hi Amanda

I completely understand what you mean! I am finding it very difficult to comprehend that my problem is probably that I am not eating enough! Its a scary thought that i need to consume more calories in order to lose more kgs. To me that doesnt make much sense, but i am willing to give this meathod a go!

I will definitely be here to give you a hand in keeping up with the motivation, as im sure you will with me too, since we are now MyFitnessPal buddies! We will make this journey together!

Besides, who doesnt want an excuse to eat more!

See you round the river,

Mel xx
  • amandabarnes16
    Options
    Thanks mel aka my new fitness pal!

I really appreciate the motivation. Lets give thjs a go and see if the ks start dropping off.

can't wait for our next river walk

:)