Greetings from the Windy city

Options
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have been battling my weight issue ever since I was injured in 1996. Someone introduced me to this web site and now I feel like I have some control be able to see every thing that I consume. I look forward to meeting others that are interested in sticking together for support. Have a great day.
All the best
Jim

Replies

• Tara_Alesia
    Tara_Alesia Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great to meet you, Jim! I love Chicago, and I'm thinking of moving up there when I graduate. I'm going to add you as a friend, and hopefully we can support each other on this journey!
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jim, I wish you the best of luck on your journey!!!
  • advillin
    Options
    Nice to meet you and thank you for say hello. I look forward to communicating more in the future. Keep up the good work.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Greetings Jim! I share your pain. I hurt myself playing football about 6 years ago. Since then I've been fight with keeping my weight in check. But I am moving to Chicago in about 7 months to go back to school. Decided since I was starting a new part of life, I wanted to get back to having a slim fit sexy body.

Goodluck with your goals!
  • dawnspin
    Options
    Hello Y'all--

I kept telling myself I had 10 lbs to loose, so I wouldn't work too hard on losing it, and I would eat whatever I wanted pretty much, and now I've cracked the 150 mark and it's not just 10 lbs, it's 20lbs and that makes me nervous. I've lost it before, and clearly I am doing something very wrong because I let it come back again, and again. I need a lifestyle adjustment. A mental adjustment. A kick in the butt! I need motivation in a bad way and the desire to keep it off.

So, I found this site and decided I would invest the time and energy to really think about what I'm eating and control it. The food tracker is great--now I have an idea of what I'm eating and how much I can eat in order to get to my goal weight---size really.

I hope to find motivation here and give it as well!

Take care and goodnight.
    Dawn
  • advillin
    Options
    Well you will really love this place. Everyone is very friendly and the weather is completely beautiful during the summer. One of the only drawbacks would be the fact that everywhere you turn there is a great restaurant. Thank you for your reply and stay in touch.