Spaghetti Squash Carbonara (256 calories)

Options
WadeLam
WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
I just love spaghetti squash. It’s such a wonderful and bizarre vegetable. And there’s no end to the gazillions of ways you can prepare it.

And…you’re welcome, in advance. :)

Spaghetti Squash Carbonara (Peace, Love & Low Carb)

25hivpj.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
1 Large Spaghetti Squash
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
5 oz. Pancetta – Diced
5 oz. Onion – Diced
2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
2 Eggs
1 Tbs. Fresh Parsley – Chopped
½ Cup Parmesan – Grated
1 tsp. Sea Salt
¼ tsp. Pepper
½ Cup Parmesan – Shredded

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400° Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds. Drizzle squash halves with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender. While the spaghetti squash is roasting, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta to the pan and cook until crispy. To the pan, add onion and garlic. Cook until translucent and soft. Once the spaghetti squash is roasted, use a fork to scrape out the shreds of squash. Add to skillet and toss with pancetta, onion and garlic. Make sure that spaghetti squash is nice and hot. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, parsley, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. To the mixing bowl, add squash mixture and toss with egg mixture. The heat of the spaghetti squash will cook the eggs just enough to coat them to the strands of squash without scrambling them. Top with shredded Parmesan before serving.

NUTRITION INFO (recipe makes 6 servings):
Calories – 256
Carbs – 10 net g
Protein – 13 g
Fat – 19 g

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    yum!
    sounds delicious...thanks for the idea, think I know what I'm making for dinner tonight! :drinker:
  • dogluvr_2014
    dogluvr_2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have never had spaghetti squash but have heard so many wonderful things about it. This recipe looks and sounds wonderful so I will definitely have to try this. Thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • B0rnC0nfus3d
    B0rnC0nfus3d Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Feed me now!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    That looks heavenly... Have to have this. Ours are just starting in the garden.. Hope they hurry up. Thanks so much for sharing
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for later! Need to find spaghetti squash now...! Uk , not seen it anywhere!
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    sounds good will have to give it a try, thanks
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yum. Can't find any in this season though... I miss it.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bruerin
    bruerin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump!
  • Andrea0078
    Andrea0078 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Get in mah belly. <3 Spaghetti squash!
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Holy deliciousness Batman. I think I'll be making this tomorrow.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    sounds good thanks :)
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Sounds absolutely divine...

bumping for later.
  • mariedee04
    Options
    I just love spaghetti squash. It’s such a wonderful and bizarre vegetable. And there’s no end to the gazillions of ways you can prepare it.

And…you’re welcome, in advance. :)

Spaghetti Squash Carbonara (Peace, Love & Low Carb)

25hivpj.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
    1 Large Spaghetti Squash
    2 Tbs. Olive Oil
    5 oz. Pancetta – Diced
    5 oz. Onion – Diced
    2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
    2 Eggs
    1 Tbs. Fresh Parsley – Chopped
    ½ Cup Parmesan – Grated
    1 tsp. Sea Salt
    ¼ tsp. Pepper
    ½ Cup Parmesan – Shredded

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 400° Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds. Drizzle squash halves with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Place cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender. While the spaghetti squash is roasting, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta to the pan and cook until crispy. To the pan, add onion and garlic. Cook until translucent and soft. Once the spaghetti squash is roasted, use a fork to scrape out the shreds of squash. Add to skillet and toss with pancetta, onion and garlic. Make sure that spaghetti squash is nice and hot. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, parsley, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. To the mixing bowl, add squash mixture and toss with egg mixture. The heat of the spaghetti squash will cook the eggs just enough to coat them to the strands of squash without scrambling them. Top with shredded Parmesan before serving.

NUTRITION INFO (recipe makes 6 servings):
    Calories – 256
    Carbs – 10 net g
    Protein – 13 g
    Fat – 19 g
  • mariedee04
    Options
    How can I save this recipe? Looks great!
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    This looks great. I love spaghetti squash. Usually do it with olive oil, garlic, pesto and red pepper flakes, and grated asiago or parmesan, as a side dish to meat. I will have to try the "carbonara".