To give my PT access to my MFP account

Options
laynerich15
laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
Hi all,

I am about to take the 1 year journey into PT work out's so I can learn what to do to really make headway.

Was asked to provided my MFP log in details to them so they can keep track of my Diet.

Would you people do the same?

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Is your pt a hot girl? Tell her I said "sup"
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    ^^this
  • laynerich15
    Options
    Don't even know yet, met with the personal training manager (good life) they will assign me one. hahaha don't know if I can handle getting my *kitten* kicked by a girl.

but will keep it in mind for you buddy
  • laynerich15
    Options
    Step back while I dead lift 20x more than you can even think of.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am about to take the 1 year journey into PT work out's so I can learn what to do to really make headway.

Was asked to provided my MFP log in details to them so they can keep track of my Diet.

No, I wouldn't.

If you feel you need to share things with the PT, then print them off or show the PT on your phone.

You do realize that PT's have no certification in nutrition, right?
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I would say NO... tell them to get their own account and friend each other. Logins to me are personal and private.
    Just my humble opinion.
  • B0rnC0nfus3d
    B0rnC0nfus3d Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I would say NO... tell them to get their own account and friend each other. Logins to me are personal and private.
    Just my humble opinion.

This
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

No, I wouldn't.

If you feel you need to share things with the PT, then print them off or show the PT on your phone.

Unless they do have a certification in nutrition.
  • laynerich15
    Options
    Hi all,

No, I wouldn't.

Ok so I am not being weird then.

my diary is open. if they want to see they can get an account.

That is true, but I am sure they will come up with a better plan than I have, eat nothing-do cardio may have lost me weight but I have zero muscle.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    You want to develop personal accountability for how you eat and you want to become the expert. Personal training is awesome and is a great way to teach you how to lift properly and get advice if they know a thing or two about nutrition.

They can also friend you on fitness pal and you can leave your diary open, no need to give away your account log in and info.

Take this time to learn how to become the expert of proper diet and exercise. You don't want to become reliant on a PT to watch your diet, you need to be the expert on that.
  • laynerich15
    Options
    You want to develop personal accountability for how you eat and you want to become the expert. Personal training is awesome and is a great way to teach you how to lift properly and get advice if they know a thing or two about nutrition.

They can also friend you on fitness pal and you can leave your diary open, no need to give away your account log in and info.

Take this time to learn how to become the expert of proper diet and exercise. You don't want to become reliant on a PT to watch your diet, you need to be the expert on that.

This is my plan going forward, just need that kick start to learn what I am doing. 12 months should be more than enough learning.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Tell them you can print out the reports
  • AshleyArleneNP
    AshleyArleneNP Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Mine is on MFP and we are friends. My diary is open so she can see everything. She isn't judgemental and makes suggestions if needed but I am comfortable with her so I don't care if she sees it.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    My ex is a personal trainer. He tried giving me nutrition advice. I laughed at him and walked away.
    So many of them don't know anything about nutrition
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I joined here cause the owner of the gym i went to wanted us to. I wasnt real keen on him seeing that i consumed more beer and ice cream/ deserrt stuff even though it fit my calories, i found that id "hide" my true consumption so that wasnt doing me any good,then i used the lose it app that i already had to track the real thing. I think the idea with the pt is if there not seeing you progress they can tell you its because your not or are eating xyz , mine kept telling me i needed more fiber. Im like well yea from a health point i agree but pooping more aint gonna cause me to lose more weight, he didnt agree with the caloriin calorie out at all.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

I'm stuck on this. What do you mean by the above?

Also, are you sure they didn't mean your username? I don't know why they'd ask you to provide your password.
  • laynerich15
    Options

I'm stuck on this. What do you mean by the above?

Also, are you sure they didn't mean your username? I don't know why they'd ask you to provide your password.

What I mean is I don't want to have a female PT able to dead lift 20x more than I can... will destroy my confidence right off the bat.

Oh I know almost every female at my gym could out lift me ATM (will be working on that not being the case) just don't want to be reminded of it every day by a super fit attractive PT
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    personally i don't see the harm of allowing them full access, but they should be able to monitor your diet by simply being friends with you and you having an open diary