new to my fitness pal

Options
hi, i'm new to this site and would like any ideas from anyone for foods that are filling to help stop me snacking. i am finding it hard to cook meals sticking to the calories allowed without still feeling hungry. thanx !!!!

Replies

• finditnow
    Options
    Hi, why not instead make yourself 4-6 small meals instead of the normal 3 meals a day. They actually recommend 4-6 meals daily for this way burns additional calories. Try snacking on mixed nuts and dry fruit or grab an apple or banana to satisfy the hunger pains.
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    Good morning and welcome , when i first joined i was the same and i was over my calories for the first 3 days , a good hearty breakfast is what you need to keep you going until lunch i find porridge is the one for me.

funnily enough drinking the 8 glasses of water through the day helps keep the edge off my hunger pangs
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

I've only been here a short time and find the support amazing. I struggle with hunger pangs, but agree with the other posters - Porridge for brekky maybe with some added fruit (I like the syrup flavoured one), and snack on fruit - bananas, apples, grapes, clementines. melon.

Also you could look at other peoples food diarys for ideas .....

Wendy
  • janey1910
    Options
    it is the breakfast that i find hard to plan, something to fill me up while at work what want take all my calories up so that i can have a good dinner at night.
    i might give it a try having a few smaller meals and see how that works, thank you !!
  • alanod
    alanod Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't worry too much about extra calories as long as I get a good dose of cardio in each day. The hunger pains are just the little overeating monsters death throes. Once he is gone and you see the benefits of your efforts you will be surprised at how much you can eat each day of good stuff, salads, fresh fruit and so on.

Sometimes I feel like I'm eating all day, but come in well under

Good luck
  • blackwidowfairy
    Options
    Actually, bananas and nuts are some of the foods that I am using to gain weight without having to eat much, so I'm surprised that these are recommended to lose weight, although they are great nutrient supplements.
  • flossicle
    Options
    Weetabix is my favorite... it sets me up for the day and stops me snacking mid morning! Lush with icey cold skimmed milk and some artificial sweetner..just had it a few mins ago and am full and lovely :smile: