What are YOU doing at work today?

Options
I am bored so I thought I would see if anyone else was. It is 12:38 pm where I am and I am about halfway through lunch. I had a yummy chicken tawook sandwhich that I made for dinner last night, half a cup of rice pilaf and a fat free pudding cup.

My boss is off today so it's pretty lazy and slow. My work for the AM has been done since around 9:45 and I have been sneakily surfing the web since. I will have more work to do after lunch, but if it isn't much I should be done around 2:30, 3 at the latest. Then I have to decide if I am having any of the cake for so and so's birthday today....I have ate well today, but I am not sure if I feel like a bike ride tonight, and if it's a cake that I cannot figure out the calorie info I might have to pass. Don't want to ruin my day for one little peice of cake....don't you just hate office birthdays?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I am bored so I thought I would see if anyone else was. It is 12:38 pm where I am and I am about halfway through lunch. I had a yummy chicken tawook sandwhich that I made for dinner last night, half a cup of rice pilaf and a fat free pudding cup.

My boss is off today so it's pretty lazy and slow. My work for the AM has been done since around 9:45 and I have been sneakily surfing the web since. I will have more work to do after lunch, but if it isn't much I should be done around 2:30, 3 at the latest. Then I have to decide if I am having any of the cake for so and so's birthday today....I have ate well today, but I am not sure if I feel like a bike ride tonight, and if it's a cake that I cannot figure out the calorie info I might have to pass. Don't want to ruin my day for one little peice of cake....don't you just hate office birthdays?
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am sooo slammed I don't have time to take a lunch for the next 2 weeks!!!! I think I should be salary..Think management would go for that??:noway:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I work with all men. We don't do anything nice for anyone's birthdays. :laugh:

I've been chatting on forums & looking up recipes today. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    It's 10:46am here.....And I've been posting like a mad woman!!! We can't get any slower than we are right now.....It's moments like this when I yearn for the busy Red Apple Sales i used to work at Foley's.......Or days like these I should say......

*Prays*
    Dear Lord,
    Thank you for your many blessings and love.
    Please, Lord, please help me get a job that helps me respect myself again!!!

O, and those lottery tickets I purchased...........never mind......

:tongue:
  • Fab140
    Options
    O, and I've been here since 7am.....and on here since 7:30.....darnit.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I have some flowcharts to do but other than that it is Friday. :wink:
  • RedCurls
    RedCurls Posts: 56
    Options
    My boss (my mom) has walked in and caught me on here 3 times so far today! OOPS I usually have my door locked so no one opens it and hits my little boy in the head or walks in while he is nursing or asleep or something but he is at my mother in laws today so the door is unlocked and I keep getting caught. So far she hasn't said anything but I have a feeling she might... OOPS!
  • kpossible
    Options
    I'm on a conference call....half listening...I hope they don't ask for my input on something :laugh:
  • jamieerindesigns
    Options
    I have enough work to keep me busy ... but it doesnt seam nearly as fun as reading everyones posts... oh and one of our systems keep acting up so I can only do have the work... its agravating, but its Friday and it is suppose to get sunny again today...:love:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Working.

LOL... j/k.

I register patients for MRIs, CTs, PFTs, Xrays, at an outpatient clinic in our hospital.

Pretty steady usually, has been REALLY busy overall for the last two weeks, but Fridays drag a bit, so I check email and log food.
  • Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    i have been on here since 9. I have finished my morning work. Now its just sit and wait for a credit app. :yawn:
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    For work today... I'm watching the Price is Right, then Law and Order for the rest of the day, and then this afternoon if the mud dries up I might go for a walk.... And thats pretty much all that I plan on doing at work today.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Sick day for me!!!! :bigsmile:

and I am really sick, I mean, I didn't take the day off to go golfing or watch the Nascar races.

Otherwise, I would be doing orders, reshipments, talking to franchises on the phone. Basically, all the work even though there is another person who does the same job as me :grumble:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I am watching lifetime and cleaning the apt today!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    For work today... I'm watching the Price is Right, then Law and Order for the rest of the day, and then this afternoon if the mud dries up I might go for a walk.... And thats pretty much all that I plan on doing at work today.

Aww, I LOVE the price is right. I used to watch it everyday on my lunch at my old job. Bob isn't hosting anymore though is he? I haven't seen it with the new host, not sure I would like it.
  • Fab140
    Options
    My boss (my mom) has walked in and caught me on here 3 times so far today! OOPS I usually have my door locked so no one opens it and hits my little boy in the head or walks in while he is nursing or asleep or something but he is at my mother in laws today so the door is unlocked and I keep getting caught. So far she hasn't said anything but I have a feeling she might... OOPS!

My mom is my boss too!!!
  • kpossible
    Options
    I have enough work to keep me busy ... but it doesnt seam nearly as fun as reading everyones posts... oh and one of our systems keep acting up so I can only do have the work... its agravating, but its Friday and it is suppose to get sunny again today...:love:

Finally....it's sunny in WA!!! What's up with the rain. I thoughe we were at least supposed to have nice SUNNY summers!!
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Its Drew Carey... He's actually pretty good! I watch it every day... haha.
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It's Friday and next Friday is the last day of my temp summer job so can I officially say I'm down to one week?! haha

Normally I'm teaching (subbing this year) but I picked up a temp receptionist job for the summer to keep me busy and give us a little extra cash and man is it ever boring! And Fridays are usually sooooo slow! Thank goodness next week is it, and then school starts the following week.

So what am I doing at work today? Eating an apple for a snack (lunch in about an hour) and reading posts, logging food and doing a little bit of surfing! I normally type up quotes, answer the phone and do a little light filing. Speaking of which, I have a tiny amount of filing I'll do real quick before lunch and then the rest of the afternoon I'll spend staring at the clock! Or crochet... I usually sneak in a little yarn and my crochet project on loooooong lazy and boring Friday afternoons ;)

And yay for the sun peeking out! It was downright cold and rainy last night.

Enjoy your Friday afternoons! <3
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to go to work soon, ironing my clothes, making dinner for the family tonight, keep checking my email for updates about tonights work....:glasses:
    I love my job though:heart: