When you don't make up your weekly cals

Options
What do you do when you go over your weekly allowance? I have had a few days where my cal limit has been over and although I have been exercising to burn some of them off I worked it out and I would have to eat under 1000 cals for the weekend to put my cals back on track. So what do you normally do when this happens? This isn't a weekly thing that happens there's just been a lot of hectic stuff going on this week.

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Just get back on the plan.

If you try to restrict on the weekend to make up for overages earlier in the week, you're setting yourself up to go over again next week because you will be starving.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    What happens if I go over one day? I log it and move on. :)

I mean, if your goal is to lose even 1lb a week, you MFP target is 500 calories below maintenance. If I eat 250 extra calories, I'm still losing! If I eat 500 extra calories, I'm at least not gaining. No big deal.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Generally I just let it go. If you're eating at a deficit I really wouldn't worry about it at all. The only reason I ever consider worrying about it is that I'm in maintenance. But even then, I haven't found that any one or two days matters.