Ways to maintain weight loss

Options
The challenging part for me is keeping the weight off once I've lost it. Does anyone have any tips? Do you have a good plan up ahead for when you have reached your target weight? Have you lost weight and managed to keep it off? Would love to hear how you do it. Please add me a friend so we can keep each other motivated and encouraged.

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    When I was maintaining I still logged my calories every day. It helped me to keep a track of what I was eating and see how the numbers stacked up. I've decided to try and loose another few lbs now, but I'll continue to log once I'm at my goal.
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    I think that I will continue to log what I eat and the exercise that I do - once I have got in to the habit to support the weight loss then it will be second nature !

Otherwise I can see me rebounding.

As I see it this is a change for life and not just till I meet my goals
  • eggtart
    Options
    hai, pennylite...
    below is my weight lost plan...my plan is eat a balanced diet, exercise at least 3 days per week...to mainatain a healthy life

balanced diet: no wander how i must eat my breakfast (oat is my first choice coz oat can reduce the cholesterol in body, after drink oat also give me a sense of full ness) with 2 or 3 pieces of oat/cereal biscuit...in the afternoon, reduce carbohydrate intake, i cut down my carbohydrate intake into half, eat more vegetable, protein food(egg/meat),reduce eat the fried,salty, sweety and oily food...i always only eat fruits at night..maybe u can also try eat salad at night...drink around 2000cc of plain water each day..make sure u bowel open each day...

exercise: exercise is the most difficult part for me to do it...so, i plan that i must exercise at least 3 times per week...u can try to do aerobics exercise (jogging, swimming, skiiping)..but make sure the time u exercise must excess 35minutes...if u really cannot spend ur time to exercise u can try climb the stair (sometimes, if i dun hv time to jogging, i will try to climb 14 floor of stair, luckyly my house is at 14 floor,haha), give u a tips," if u can sit, do not lie down; if u can stand, do not sit; if u can walk, do not drive", thats my concept...

ok, hope my tips can help u...>.^...
  • Uronlydreaming
    Uronlydreaming Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The challenging part for me is keeping the weight off once I've lost it. Does anyone have any tips? Do you have a good plan up ahead for when you have reached your target weight? Have you lost weight and managed to keep it off? Would love to hear how you do it. Please add me a friend so we can keep each other motivated and encouraged.
    Hi Penny, as in my post where we met, I'd get your RMR tested, if possible. As you lose weight, your RMR will drop. That means, with less weight to cart around, and support,, your body will require fewer calories for its daily metabolic functions. Your activities of daily living won't burn as many cals, either, so I think it'd be good to know those numbers because it could likely mean your daily cal intake would need to drop a bit too the more you lose.

Does that make sense?
    Eric
  • sandra2114
    Options
    Have you heard of a Slimpod? google it! They are inexpensive hypnotic voice recordings from Harley Street and they help you keep the weight off. i am on one and it is fab! Have a look around their site. They have loads of other ones too. best wishes.
  • Pennylite
    Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Eric, Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what RMR is. Can you enlighten me?
  • Uronlydreaming
    Uronlydreaming Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Eric, Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what RMR is. Can you enlighten me?
    Here, it's called BMR but they're not very different. Here's a good explanation with an enhanced calculator.

http://www.fitnrg.com/public-rmr-bmr-calculator.php

Lemme know if that explains it well enough,
    Eric
  • Pennylite
    Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks Eric. That is very helpful about BMR
    Penny