Stand up desk

Options
I know a lot of people work in an office and sit all day. I do/did as well. I would force myself to get up and walk around just so I wouldn't feel so stagnant. Well, the bosses just told us we have some money to spend so I requested new stand up desks and all my officemates agreed! We just got them in and they are so awesome. They can raise or lower so you can sit or stand. I love it and recommend it to everyone.

Rick

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous. I would love a stand up desk. I have been thinking of making my own because I'm sure there's no money in the budget for it for my department. My only problem is that I have two monitors and once is connected to my laptop port. I have overhead bins on my desk so if I put everything up on a box, the monitors will run into the bins. I need to ask IT if there is a way to separate the laptop port from the monitor so I can just put both monitors inside of the bins.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I just got one 2 weeks ago. I'm less tired at the end of the day and my feet don't swell nearly as much.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. I'd love the same but I can't stand for more than an hour without pain.
  • rf1583
    rf1583 Posts: 65
    Options
    I just got one at my job and it's the best thing ever! I'm more productive because I don't get those lulls where I want to fall asleep. I'm more energetic throughout the day and I'm also less tired by the end. Everyone who has desk jobs should have this.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I think that is cool but I also wonder how many of them will request taller chairs soon, so they can sit at their "stand up desks" haha

I say that only because I have seen it happen before at my former job. Granted, one of the women got pregnant and had a difficult time health-wise for most of her pregnancy so it was justified...but just wondering...hehe
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I had a stand-up desk for a while. Once my legs and feet got used to standing most of the day, I loved it! I lost like 5 pounds without even trying.
  • MamaGab92
    MamaGab92 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Our company is moving to a new location in September and we're all getting the stand up desks (and our own fitness room - YAY!). I can't wait to try out the stand up desks.
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Got one about a year ago. Same deal - it could stand or sit. Over a rather short period of time I got to where I stand almost exclusively. I only sit if I'm going to be on a conference call where I expect I'll want to bang my head on the desk at the stupidity on the other end of the phone. It's safer to do from a sitting rather than standing position.