carbs

Options
I seem to be going over on my carbs of late, but they are not from bread or noodles or potatoes etc. It is the vegetables and fruit that are sending it sky rocketing - 20 grapes have 40g of carbs fr an example. If I am not getting my carbs from bread etc. should I just ignore that I go over or should I really try to stay under?

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    OH GOD NOT CARBS DON'T EAT THOSE!
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    OH GOD NOT CARBS DON'T EAT THOSE!

:laugh:

But really though, are you aiming for a specific macro ratio or are you just counting calories? The ones set by MFP aren't for everybody.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    If you are losing weight and not hungry all the time, I wouldn't worry about it. However, your diet looks light on protein and heavy on the carbs. You may do better making sure you meet your protein goal, and reducing the carbs accordingly. Also, your overall calorie goal is pretty low. Unless you are small and sedentary, you could probably eat more and still lose weight.

Good luck!
  • shands1
    shands1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    if you are still in a low enough deficit in calories, it shouldn't matter too much. if you're exceeding your allowed carbs maybe lower your fat/ protein intake.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Lower your carbs. Fat and protein aren't the problem.
  • mommysews67
    mommysews67 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If you are losing weight and not hungry all the time, I wouldn't worry about it. However, your diet looks light on protein and heavy on the carbs. You may do better making sure you meet your protein goal, and reducing the carbs accordingly. Also, your overall calorie goal is pretty low. Unless you are small and sedentary, you could probably eat more and still lose weight.

Good luck!

I am small - well at least vertically - I am 4'11" and I am fairly sedimentary as I have a handicap that greatly limits many activities (at least at this weight)
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you still want fruit, you could switch it up. Or double check the numbers for the grapes. That sounds high. Cherries are listed at 22g for 20 cherries.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    grapes are high in sugar / carbs, second only to banana. Berries are a lot low and apple 1/3 less.
  • livehealthier1
    livehealthier1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My advice on fruit is only eat blueberries and strawberries
    Very low in carb and sugar! This is what I do. Good luck.
  • livehealthier1
    livehealthier1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    As far as on the vegetables I eat sweet potatoes.
    I baked them .. No butter or sugar.
    Great carb..
    My other vegetables are:
    Spinach
    Kale
    String beans
    Brussels sprouts
    These are my tops!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Lower your carbs. Fat and protein aren't the problem.

Why - carbs are a problem?
  • deathbyokapi
    deathbyokapi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Berries are where it's at! High fiber-to-sugar ratio, which means low net carbs. In terms of fruit, they're probably the best thing out there. Blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries are my go-tos.

If you're really worried about your carb intake, try to eat food that have a higher fiber content, since those are carbs that pretty much just sail right through your digestive system, and they'll help with regular bowel function. Just remember to also drink lots of water!

Remember, when it comes to counting carbs, you can subtract any one food's carbs from fiber from the total carbs, and that's the number of carbs your body actually stores to use as energy.

Hope that helps, and isn't too confusing. And don't be scared to add more fat or protein to your diet. Both are more filling than carbs anyway, and will keep you fuller for longer periods of time.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Why - carbs are a problem?
    I wouldn't consider carbs a problem, but I would consider lack of protein a problem.

I'll happily fill the rest of my macros up with carbs/fat once protein goals are met when on a deficit - if I was continually low on fat, I may make an issue to get more, but it was only ever the occasional day and with more calories to spend I never find it an issue.