Balancing calories?! Help..

Could anybody help me and answer wether this is correct?!
And any advice on meals or types of exercise, as I want to loose body fat and gain muscle.

I am 17, weigh 125lb and I am 5ft 4"
BMR x 1.2 (activity level-none- at the moment) =1,400 x 1.2 = 1680
So 1680kal to maintain weight ( however I only eat 1000-1200 kal at the moment)

So to loose weight:
I would have to eat 1700 calories per day and burn 500 calories through exercise to net at 1200 calories per day?
Is this correct?(any advise is greatly appreciated)

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    www.sparkteens.com
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    sorry due to the ToS for this website and forums you are too young to be here.

Legally you have to be 18 to accept the ToS and we cannot give you advice on this as it could open us and MFP up to legal action.
    BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You don't need to lose weight
  • shands1
    shands1 Posts: 9 Member
    uhm...i dont understand why you are going up to go down. everyone wants to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. this usually only works for people that are using gear or have a lot of weight to lose (beginner gym-goers). to lose weight you have to be in a deficit. to gain weight you have to be in a surplus. you can slowly add some mass by going over your maintenance by 100-200 calls i guess. when you say gain muscle, do you mean tone and condition or do you actually mean gain muscle?