Short women...when will I see a difference?!

Hi! I am 20 years old, 5'2, and 115 pounds. I'm wondering, when will I see a noticeable change in my weight and measurements? I've been eating well for two weeks (not extremely restrictive- tried 1200 cals a day and felt awful) and joined a gym this week. I'm kind of restless right now as I haven't seen much of a change yet...I know...I'm impatient! But to any short gals out there, when did you see a difference?

My apologies if this is already a topic.....but couldn't seem to find one for short women only!!

Thank you :)))

Replies

• alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    I'm pretty sure how short you are should not affect the rate you improve.

Two weeks is nothing, for me in 6 weeks strangers noted how different I looked but I did not see any difference. In about 12 weeks it was from night to day, my clothes wouldn't fit and I started seeing muscle definition. I lost 30 lbs in less than six months, so give it time... I know it's hard but try focusing in improvement rather than seeing the changes right away.

Good luck
  • hmroebuck
    hmroebuck Posts: 64 Member
    You don't need to lose weight. If you are going to work out, you need to eat more. Body composition and weight on a scale are two different things.