Late night munchies!!!

Options
I am college student and I take all of my classes online, so i spend a good 2-3 hours just sitting on my computer. I always find myself being so hungry and reaching for something to snack on. If i must snack then what are some good alternatives? It also hard when other people in my household are not doing this diet with me so the things I want to avoid are right there. I can say no to them...most of the time.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    You might start by not calling it a "diet," which mostly just makes you feel deprived. Plan your calories to stay right at your goal and experiment with what and when to eat to keep you from being hungry. That will be different for everyone. I always save calories for an evening snack, though I have given up mindless eating that goes on for hours while I am doing something else. My evening snack is often one of these: Dreyer's frozen fruit bar, half a pita with some hummus, air-popped popcorn, two squares of dark chocolate, a bowl of strawberries, a toasted sandwich thin with orange marmalade.
  • Jimsmith109
    Jimsmith109 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    9pm buy yourself some protein and drink that at night it will fight the hunger and kick your metabolism in the butt and help you lose weight
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I go for celery sticks with some good hummus. Celery is mostly water anyway, and hummus has the richness I'm looking for.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Celery is a good snack - just keep in mind that it is high in sodium.
  • aswitzer20
    Options
    the problem with "dieting" is im a picky eater so i have been experimenting trying new foods that i did not like before and see if there is a way i can stomach it. I grew up in a if we can afford it kind of house. canned veggies and such like that so i have to rewire my taste buds to like things that are good for me. im sticking to mostly canned veggies at the moment since i am on a low budget cause calorie wise themselves they are not that bad its just they have a lot of sodium. im mostly going for cutting my over all calories, fat and sugar. im going to try to eat my bigger calories for my dinner and have dinner a little bit later and try to go to bed at a decent time so i wont be tempted by late night boredom cravings
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    vegies are vegies. eat what you like. plan your eating times around your schedule. have some type in place when you are studying. like celery with salsa, have baggies of dry cereal already portioned out so you can eat right out of the bag, jif to go singles with a spoon or celery or portioned out pretzels or trisquits, sugar free jello, any type of fruit cut up into small pieces, eat a can of green beans, smoothies, popcorn, ... whatever you like really. tea or coffee, big glass of ice cold water, ice cubes, I plan snacks into my day so I am eating every three hours. Going to bed earlier will help too. Sometmes it is boredom and not hunger. Or .... just plan an extra walk after dinner so you can have that extra late night munchies and not feel as guilty. I do this a lot.