One way to get a new relationship with the scale is...

Victorious_One
Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
...to have the batteries run out on you! :laugh:

We have one of those fancy schmancy scales with a French name. The batteries cost a fortune. My DH put new ones in a few months ago, but we've been wearing the poor thing out. Now the batteries are dead again, so we have no idea what kind of progress we've made in the past week.

If you're a scale addict, just let your batteries run out next time and try life without a scale for a while! At first I was like :sad: but it's not so bad now, really. Makes me more dependent on record-keeping and consistency rather than instant gratification (or un-gratification as the case may be).

Nicole

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Lol, I reckon after so long I would be sneaking round to peoples house and going on their scales. I used to only ever get weighed in the chemist, so it didnt happen often. Then I got a wii for my bday and everytime I get on to play something I weigh in. It does drive me mad :( Its amazing how much power those silly scales hold.
  • jujecarp
    jujecarp Posts: 7 Member
    Go to Walmart and buy a cheapie $5.00 scale that doesnt need batteries. I weigh myself every morning to make sure I am where I should be.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    True, and beleive me i am only of the biggest scale addicts out there and i used to be an everyday weigh-inner. It was until i have been using the wii scale that has make me work to see my results. So instead of getting on walking away for an hour, eating soemthing, then get bored and weight myself again like i used to do, i try HARD to weigh in weekly or now trying in this case to weight in bi weekly and soo i wanna get to monthly (3 or maybe 4 weeks)

But the point is it is important to have a working scale in the house at all times to track your progress. I went without a scale for 2 months I thought i did very well and swore that i was down 10 pounds and i weighed myself and i gained 16... What the hell... So dont completely disregard it, you need to have it, just not dependent on it
This discussion has been closed.