I need help!!

Options
Hi

This is my first week on MFP. I have dieted before and been successful only to pile back on the pounds. I could really do with some support to keep me on track this time.

I am aiming to lose 3 and a half stone for my sister's wedding and then review how much more I need to lose.

Replies

• jodiquincy
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!! This is a great place to get the support you need on your worst and best days!
  • bellasmadre21
    Options
    Good Luck Girl!!!! I just started last week. I'm at the point where I usually Bail but I'm trying to stick with it. This website REALLY helps! :smile: :smile:
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    You can do it! You've done it before! good luck!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, saramoss! This is a great place! I am in my third week on this site, and already have found the tools to be effective, and the community to be extremely helpful in my motivation. If you want or need friends, just ask for them.

Believe in yourself. You are worthy of doing lots of good things for yourself, and YOU CAN DO IT.
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! The thing that keeps me on track is logging in everyday...not only do am I accountable for what I eat and how much I exercise but I get so much encouragement from everyone!! Plus I like to see how my friends are doing and offer what support I can.
    You can do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Cbaker5156
    Cbaker5156 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.. Im a newbie too and so far have enjoyed the support and encouragement available. We all need support.. Congrats to your sister.. Thats awesome.... Weddings are fun..
  • lacalladine
    lacalladine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sara, I understand that losing the weight can be difficult enough but keeping it off is a whole new ball game. This is where you may be approaching your weight loss incorrectly. Don't see it as a mission to eat less, move more and lose weight to get to your goal weight, but more a lifestyle change that will change what you eat, how much you eat and when you eat. This is easier said than done however, these three points rule your entire life!

What you eat!
    1. Shopping for food is a discipline, if you don't put the junk food or high sugar and salt foods in the basket, you can't eat them. Don't snack on junk food either.
    2. Buy food that means you have to actually cook, not a pizza in the over but flour to make the dough, topping freshly chopped by you, this way you'll be more likely to notice what you are putting in your body and how much of it also.

How much you eat!
    1. Common sense rules here, if you only make enough for one portion you can't go back for more.
    2. Psychological aspects rule here too, if you are used to big portions, your brain will tell you that you are still hungry even if you have only just eaten. Eat slower, talk during meals, put your knife and fork down to take a drink, switch the TV off and Chew!

When you eat!
    1. Basically there is no hard and fast rule here and our jobs dictate alot of 'when', but if you can have 3 meals a day that's a great start. Everyone's body is different, some need food more often, some don't. If you start feeling a little faint, maybe break up a meal into 2 and stagger the timings.
    2. Don't eat after 8pm and definitely not less than 2 hours before you go to bed.

Influence family members and friends to adopt the healthier eating as it's always more difficult if you have to go out of your way to prepare something special, if healthy eating, cooking and a more laid back sensible approach to eating becomes the norm in your household, then chance are you are more likely to stick to it too!

At the end of if all this site is a guide to nutrition, use your commonsense and be disciplined. There is no such thing as a diet, only a lifestyle change.
  • ElsieMae
    Options
    This site helps , keeps you on track ,I find , the people are the best because they are trying to loss too , we all have the same goal , a healther, better you . keep it on track is what I find helps ,
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This is a great online tool to help you keep track of your calorie intake. But also exercise in order to be more successful with your weight loss and to keep it off.

I do a routine of weights and cardio, alternating with each one. Weight training helps to build lean muscle mass that will in turn burn more calories and fat. Find out first how many calories you need to eat per day and start an exercise program that will fit your needs.

:smile:
  • vic_tye
    vic_tye Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi Sara, you will find LOADS of things to help you on here - I know, spent most of my working day here (hope the boss doesn't spot me!)

Thanks for the friend invite too - As corny as it sounds, we can all do this together

Good luck :-)