Hi...:)

Options
my name is pamm. i have always been a bit on the chubby side i suppose and i desperately want to change that. I am forever trying new diets and exercise but i lose interest way to fast and then end up gaining more than what i started. I originally tried to start this a year ago and yep you can guess it i lost interest again. so this time i really want to try it and hope it works. I dont know why i cant stick with a good diet. But i have a goal to lose at least 20 or 30 lbs. does anyone else have this problem? Its very frustrating :(

Replies

• sarahanne40
    sarahanne40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm sure everyone has felt like this at one time or another about anything which is a change to the norm, especially those who have weight issues. Fad diets and occasional extreme exercise regimes have never worked for me - the only way I have consistantly lost weight have been to go for the whole lifestyle approach - this included incorporating gym into my daily regime, with slowly increasing the amounts of time spent at the gym. Eventually I swapped these 50-60 minute sessions (about 4-5 times a week) for a much more fun form of excercise (namely salsa dancing), where I have made some great friends :). During this inital 2-3 year period I didnt weigh myself at all, instead going on clothes size and compliments - and its only since hitting a plateau over the last 6 months (since moving in with the bf) that I have decided to get serious and start actully having numerical goals (i.e. strict weightloss - joined MFP in the new year). Overall from my heaviest I have lost about 2 stone, and I look forward to losing the next 2 much quicker!

Just remember to be honest with yourself and log your calories/excercise appropriately, you will see results very quickly if you stick at it! When you start to flag have a look at some 'heavy' pictures and think about having to wear your swimsuit right now and how you feel about that - that is my biggest motivator :)
  • littlecarneygirl
    Options
    its funny you should mention that bathing suit thing bc that is my goal at the moment... i am going on vaca at the end of june and i want to get down to a decent size.. i appreciate your words of motivation and i really want to stick to this! thank you!!