Confused about calories/weightloss

Options
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this annoying!

My TDEE is 2349 and my BMR is 1606. I'm starting to workout again- after an 8 month gap. Lets say I would ideally like to lose 20-40 pounds, I would prefer between 1 to 1.5 pounds per week (1.5 would be a blessing). I will be working out 5x a week and try my best to be more active (walking on a regular basis).

How many calories would I have to burn via working out each week and how many calories will I need to consume each day, keeping in mind that my goal is to lose 1-1.5 pounds.

Thanks =)

Replies

• mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but this is impossible to answer. You should research this. It all depends on your height, weight, intensity, time, etc. Use the MFP activity burner as a guide only, as calorie burn estimates tend to be off. Real enthusiasts use a heart rate monitor for a more accurate reading in calorie burn, but I can't speak to their benefit, as I don't have one. Just remember that it takes approximately a 3,500 deficit to lies a pound of fat, so you can do the math from there yourself. Remember also that the numbers are estimates and your results may vary! Good luck.