new to this, need motivational friends!

Options
Hello everyone! my name is lacey I am new to this and ready to knock some pounds off lol. a year ago my husband and I had our first child, although I gained 7 pounds during my pregnancy the weight came afterwards. im 5'9 and weight 183 so it doesn't really look like im out of shape as everyone tells me.but I know I am for my self I have always played sports my whole life track, basketball, cheerleading. The reason I need to lose weight is because health issues related to food run in my family and I refuse to let it claim me next, and of course I want to look good a girl can only dream of being back in a 2 piece -__- lol. any who I am looking for friends on here so we can motivate each other and get threw this journey together. feel free to message me and add me! :smile:

Replies

• Salford_IT_Help
    Salford_IT_Help Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello Lacey. I also put on weight after becoming a Dad. The last three years I've been doing loads of cardio (Cycling) but now I'm getting serious about getting to a health weight. I've got loads to loose so will be on MFP for a long time and I'd love to share my progress with another motivated PAL. I'm based in the UK.

68817929.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lace83110
    Options
    that's great keep up the good work! thanks for replying my husband and I both work fulltime and im a nursing student and work around food all day so its so much faster to just bring food home that's the biggest problem for me. I look forward to following your weight loss journey good luck! im based in the USA
  • Salford_IT_Help
    Salford_IT_Help Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You mentioned you often bring food home. I used to have a lot of food deliveries. Then a Sushi takeaway opened by me (Unexpected as where I live is not that cosmopolitan) and we switched to just using that place. Their food is really good quality and I felt healthier after their meal (Miso soup, Uramaki roll and Rice & Japanese Curry). Not like I'd feel after a fried chicken dinner.

Over the last month we have only had two Japanese meals delivered. Mainly as it's harder to log the food on MFP when you've not made it yourself or it dose not have a bar code.

I've been trying not to work as late. I have been able to get away from work between 4pm and 5pm four days this week. My daughters school holiday has just started so now I can drop her at child care a little earlier than the school 'Fixed opening time'. This has helped me be less tired in the evening and more likely to cook.

I also had encouragement to cook as my Dabba (Traditional Indian Spice Tin) and spices arrived. This was a little gift from my partner who is vegetarian and loves curries. Leila has been really happy with me the last month as most dishes I've cooked have been vegetarian (Low Fat Inc. Pulses for Protein). This has meant the food bill has been a bit cheaper as not buying meat and we have been able to share the same meal and eat together, which is lovely.

What I have found is that I end up making ~ 6 portions of curry in a single dish. Often 500g of my curry only is 300 Calories. This means I have it over two days (main meal first night, lunch the next day and finish off the third portion as a side dish to something else simple). Any more and I'd get board with the dish, but this means I only have to cook every other night. If your husband cooks it might mean each of you only had to spend 60 minutes cooking every four days. You could spend more time stopping off and picking up food on your way home.

Have a lovely day

David & Family

68817929.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cleverbeauty88
    cleverbeauty88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Lacey! I'm in a similar position. I'm Alysse, I'm 5'9 and also looking for people with the same goals in mind! Having extra weight at this height IS weird. And I also have a lot of health issues in my family. A long line of Diabetes, heart issues, cancer, alzheimers, high cholesterol on both sides. So I started MFP in July at 172 Ibs and now i'm down to 165. But I'm not sure about my goal weight yet. I guess 145ish is good? What's yours?
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I bought a two piece this summer for the first time since I was a teen! Feel free to add me!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm a fellow tall girl, at 5'11! Being tall is great because you can easily gain a few pounds without anyone noticing, but when you lose a few, it takes a while for people to notice!
  • SaraTaylor529
    Options
    Hi everyone ???? my name is Sara.
    I am 24 and a mother to one handsome wild 5 year old boy. I had no problem losing weight after my son was born the pounds fell right off I was back to my normal per baby weight. Over the years I had put on pounds then 3 years ago I got really into fitness I was in the gym 5 days a week ate very clean and finally I was in the best shape I had ever been in and I was better than skinny I was healthy.. wellllll guess what happened I fell off the darn wagon and the weight came right back. I am 5'7 so the weight does not seem like much to others but I know I am bad out of shape. I have been so disappointed in myself but I'm ready to get back to it and stick to it. I want this to be a life change. I seen in many of yalls post that your families have had health issues my family does also and I want to take great care of my family and keep us in good health. I just started Monday but I am already feeling better than I have the past month.. I am trying to figure out how this whole site works. Seeing as how all my friends don't care to hear anything I say about fitness I am here looking for new friends and motivation. Wish me luck ????
  • sarahjanescobie
    sarahjanescobie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I am trying to lose baby weight. After my 2nd child was born I was on here for over a yr lost 49lb then fell pregnant with no3..so now back as gained all the weight I had lost during my pregnancy. My son is nearly 5 months. I have 70lb to lose (9lb gone so far and not coming back)

Anyone is free to add me. I'm on everyday. Not been an easy start but getting there.

Good luck :-)
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've only been here a few weeks - but always love having new friends for motivation & support. Anyone is free to add me & Good Luck!
  • _Candi_
    _Candi_ Posts: 47
    Options
    Today is my first day..please add me