Starting Again!

Options
Hello, everyone! I'm restarting my attempts to be healthy and fit. Three years ago, I was in great shape (I was 35, and in the best shape of my life). Over the past couple years, though, stress eating and plain laziness have taken their toll, and I've gained back much of the weight I lost. I'm hoping to restart here, and create some lifestyle changes that will stick with me! I'm back to a natural-style diet (nothing in a box, bag, or can), and working out at least three days a week. Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • sofiee_g
    Options
    Good morning! I'm starting (again) today. :) I set up my fitbit flex (& Polar FT4) this morning and am making my meal plan now. My first goal is to lose 10 lbs. I think my new gadgets will help keep me on track and focused on my long-term goal, 100 lbs.
  • akazooey
    Options
    I am once again starting again! Luckily I have been given a new day and I don't have to worry about the yesterdays. Several years ago when I lost 50 pounds, I did it with the help of a community. Once I lost the weight, I felt I could do it without support. It has taken several years, but I have let the weight creep back on. Feelings of self doubt, poor self image and negative self talk have kept me from really living. I don't know what will happen ten minutes from now, but I know right in this moment I am ready! I wish you all the most success. I am excited to see you succeed!
  • ZarrusSkye
    ZarrusSkye Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great! You've already made some progress by coming here!

My story is similar.

Went from my highest adult weight to my lowest in 2009 (about 40 pounds total loss). Felt great!

Then gained about 10-15 back, lost it again in 2011, became a runner!

Over the last two years, my activity level has gone way down, and I haven't been eating well, largely due to the fact that I've been commuting 2 hours a day and have work on a lot of evenings and weekends now. I gained about 20 back. :(

So, I'm back , starting running from scratch, trying to be very aware of what I eat and log diligently. I admire your natural foods endeavor. I try to eat that way, but I do get a few staples out of cans, and once in a while a box of pasta or couscous.