6lb in 18 days, good or bad?

Options
Just starting out on my journey to lose 46lb. Have been very strict and lost 6lb in 18 days, is that good or bad? Need some motivation from you guys...

Replies

• radario
    radario Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's good or bad?

I say that if you're feeling well it is good. Weight can drop fast at the start when you've a lot to lose, don't be surprised if it slows down. It's all good.

Just remember that you don't just want to lose, you also want to keep it off. It will be a lot easier for you later if what you are doing is nutritious and sustainable for you.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    When you have a lot to lose, it can come off fast at first...make sure you are eating enough cals, though. You don't want to damage your metabolism. Feel free to add me!
  • jdawgs0314
    Options
    Hey Jason. My name is Jason. I started my journey on June 3rd of this year. I started out weighing 321 lbs. The first 24 lbs came off pretty quick just by watching what I eat and getting up doing stuff (riding statyionary bike etc.) . I feel fantastic! Got more energy than ever before.

I felt the same way. I was worried that the weight was coming off too quickly. I have talked to my doctor and he said the same as otheres on here. " if you feel fine then keep doing what you are doing. just don't starve yourself."

fell free to add me. I am on here daily
  • jancie84
    jancie84 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Much of your initial weight loss will be water weight! Im my past weight loss journeys, I've lost 3-4 lbs the first week! Like others said, as long as you're eating right (staying within calories, vegetables, fruits, proteins, carbs...) the weight will come off!!!

Congrats! Keep it up!
  • Jasonrosey
    Jasonrosey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys and girls for your feedback, appreciate it....
  • Anne1882
    Anne1882 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree, as long as you don't feel hungry and tired, that is pretty good :) Healthy weight loss is about 2 pounds per week, so that is almost 3 weeks. Plus, if you are working out, you can lose more than 2 and it can still be healthy!
  • atortella
    atortella Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Friend Requests Sent
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    6 pounds in 18 days is real good. Just make sure you're eating close to, if not all of your "calories". Over time, your weight loss will slow down. You're doing great.