need for more bfast calories!

Options
Just realized I was only consuming 275 calories....much too little!

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Do you have a question about it?

Also, it doesn't matter how many calories you consume per meal, just how many calories you consume by the end of the day. I consume 0 calories for breakfast every day...
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You can eat as much or as little of any meal as you want. In fact, you don't have to eat 'breakfast' at all. Meal times are socially constructed and don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things - just make sure that you reach your calorie goal by the end of the day or end of the week.

I personally like really low calorie meals early in the day because I know that I like to munch a lot in the afternoon & evening, so I need to be saving most of my calories for that. Just do what works for you! If you like eating 275 calorie breakfasts, then keep eating 275 calorie breakfasts & use the extra calories elsewhere.
  • DeWitch
    DeWitch Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I almost never eat breakfast and when we do, it is usually brunch;)
    Weird, but I have more energy on the days I eat less.
    But I have been told that I am a "strange one" many times;)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I skip breakfast. Do whatever you need to make this work for you.
  • richtala
    richtala Posts: 10
    Options
    Your body is in a fasting state from sleeping and yall skip breakfast?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Your body is in a fasting state from sleeping and yall skip breakfast?
    I eat till 11:30pm at night on a daily basis and then start again after 12:00pm. A little over 12 hours, so it "breakfast" isn't in my cards.
    Funny thing is people scoff at the 12 hour fast, but don't realize many are doing the same following fitness industry garble: eat breakfast and don't eat after 7pm. So eating at say 8am for breakfast then stop eating at 7pm. That's 13 hours of fasting.

The body isn't on a time clock when it comes to consumption.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • oinkerjnn
    oinkerjnn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like a big protein heavy breakfast as it tends to make me eat less throughout the day. Generally averages around 350 calories plus coffee for another 50.

I'm a snacker though. Most of my meals are around 350-500 but I'll eat 3-4 extra snacks most days.
  • stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like to skip or have a small breakfast so I can have a huge dinner or snacks at night because that's when I usually cheat on my diet.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    No big deal. Don't worry about it, especially if you are seeing your desired result.