My minestrone @ 350 cals per HUGE portions!!!

Options
2 chopped carrots
2 chopped oignons
1 leek chopped
1 potato diced
2 stalk of celery chopped
1 can of Romano Beans
2 litres of homemade no fat chicken stock
1 cup of vegetable juice
herbs to your taste, salt and pepper.

In 2 tbs of olive oil, sauteed all the veggies and then poor liquid.

Add Beans and herbs, let simmer for 1 hour.

Add 1 cup of dried pasta at the end. When cooked, split in 4 portions and enjoy!

Very filling for 350 cals...

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    This would be even more healthier if you cut out the pasta and the potatoes, and added some extra lean ground turkey instead, and maybe some more veggies, like cabbage or squash or green beans. ALbeit, it would not be considered minestrone but would be considered just as good. The vegetables could also be sauteed in Pam.

Just an idea, as I am always looking for ways to increase my portions without adding calories, especially carbs.
  • mrsgcnaylor
    Options
    You can also use Lou Anna Original Canola Oil Cooking Spray. It is 0 calories.I agree it wouldn't be a Minestrone Soup but adding the turkey will make it filling as well but, there are suitable low/no fat alternatives to be able to use the pasta. I LOVE minestrone soup. Stewed Tomatoes would be nice to add or maybe squash (instead of pasta).
  • newmein2011
    Options
    Would wheat pasta make a difference?
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    This would be even more healthier if you cut out the pasta and the potatoes, and added some extra lean ground turkey instead, and maybe some more veggies, like cabbage or squash or green beans. ALbeit, it would not be considered minestrone but would be considered just as good. The vegetables could also be sauteed in Pam.

Just an idea, as I am always looking for ways to increase my portions without adding calories, especially carbs.

It surely wouldnt be minestrone, it would be what they call "veggie soup"