Scale help please?!~

Options
okay so, the first scale I weighed myself on was at my grandmothers house, back in June. I weighed 204 pounds. so then I started my logging and I'm on my 48th day. Since then, I've bought batteries for my digital scale at home. I discovered that there is a few pound difference between the two, since yesterday morning I weighed myself on hers and weighed 189, this morning on mine I weigh 194. I understand that there's probably still food and water weight in me, but still. Should I just say I've lost 15 pounds since my grandmas scale said this? Also I think that hers is more accurate seeing that it shows the decimal and also doesn't fluctuate depending on where you put it on the floor like mine does!

so I was just wondering if I've lost 15 pounds and should go by her scales readings? thanks!

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Digital scales may need to be calibrated everytime you move them. The instructions on mine say to place the scale on a flat, hard surface, step on with one foot, let the numbers jiggle around for a quick second, step off, let all the lights go out, then step on with both feet and weigh yourself.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    The number doesn't matter. Just weigh on one scale and watch the trend. If your weight is decreasing, you are happy and making progress. The number itself is irrelevant.
  • ambiences
    ambiences Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I think I'll continue following my grandmas since hers is the first one I weighed myself on. However, as hers decreases, mine at home tends to stay on the same weight or so. Very frustrating.
  • elfram2
    elfram2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    take your scale to grandma's house and weigh your self on both within a few minutes of each other. If the numbers are different than change your starting number to match the scale you plan on using for your official weekly weigh-ins.
  • ambiences
    ambiences Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    take your scale to grandma's house and weigh your self on both within a few minutes of each other. If the numbers are different than change your starting number to match the scale you plan on using for your official weekly weigh-ins.

That's a good idea!
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Digital scales may need to be calibrated everytime you move them. The instructions on mine say to place the scale on a flat, hard surface, step on with one foot, let the numbers jiggle around for a quick second, step off, let all the lights go out, then step on with both feet and weigh yourself.

My scales' instructions didn't say anything about this, but I have to do it and so do the other people I know with the same ones. They always weigh exactly 3lbs heavier the first time you step on them and second time give your actual weight. OP, definitely try this.