HRM/step counter/calorie counter

I have been curious about HRM's and step counters, calorie counters. I saw the fitbit does the steps and sleep counter, but not a HRM. I would like a combo of all three first stated, the sleep counter doesn't matter to me. However, I have heard that HRM's are worthless for wearing all day when you are just walking around or working(I'm a nurse so I walk a lot). I would like to get something super accurate so that way I have a better idea of calories burned the whole day, not just during a workout. Any suggestions??? Thanks everyone :)

~Oh and I would prefer just a wrist model(which I know isn't as accurate as one with a strap). I would be willing to try one with a chest strap, but doesn't that get annoying and uncomfortable wearing it everyday/all day long???

Replies

• goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    I don't know of any tracker that can measure both steps and continuous heart rate. HRMs aren't accurate for all-day use, whether or not you get a chest strap model. If you're doing a lot of walking, a tracker like Fitbit would be more accurate, or something like BodyMedia, which estimates calories based on steps, body temperature, etc.
  • wichywman
    wichywman Posts: 22 Member
    I got my Fitbit Flex 2 days ago and I can't believe how accurate it is! I love it!! I think you would be very pleased with it!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    I've had my Fitbit for more than two years, first and Ultra and then my Flex. I use my HRM when I'm at the gym doing non-stepping activities like weight lifting. I wish I could use my chest strap when I swim!

I recommend the Flex others would recommend the One or the Zip. If you want to get a wide array of opinions about each of them I encourage you to join the Fitbit Friends on Facebook. I'm an admin there it's a great place for info and support.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    i'd rethink a wrist model as in at least some cases they count gestures as steps.