My mum feeds brothers/sister loads of junk.

I eat very healthy ( Fish, veg, lean meats, greek yoghurt ect )
I don't want to like, sort of tell my mum how to bring up her own children so I don't know how to approach the fact thay they eat way too unhealthy. Literally this is there every day food.

Breakfast - Rice krispies,coco pops or sugar puffs then about 2 table spoons of sugar
Snack - She takes them shop with £2 each EVERYDAY and buys things like Big chocolate bars, whole 6 serving cakes, Chrisps, burgers, chocolate buttons and sugary drinks and lets them eat it all.
Lunch - Whatever they choose.. Which is usually a chocolate mouse, a cheese & onion sandwich, chrisps and a sasuage roll ( normal size )
Dinner - Any kind of meat always served with chips/fries and/or beans loaded with butter.

On top of all that they eat anything they want in between which is junk, and also lets them have junk at bed time. They are also in active. They never eat vegtables.

My younger sister ( 6 ) is starting to get pretty chubby and I feel bad for her and don't want her to get bullied. As I don't know how to bring it up to my mum; I try my hardest to get them to eat less, like earlier my sister was eating a full cake and I told her to only eat a little or else she'll get sick. I tried sneakly bring it up to my mum by saying " Wow this whole cake has 700 calories " and she just said oh and walked back out... help!?! I don't want my brothers/sisterz to have weight issues!

Replies

• lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    I don't know why moms do this. And see us getting fat and continue. It's awful not knowing anything about nutrition. I'd have a talk with her, as I did with my mom, but she's VERY defensive. So good luck :( I would like to see how this thread goes.
  • My mum knows about nutritiom as she WAS on a diet with me but gave up a couple of weeks ago :/
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    little brothers and sisters look up to their older siblings. lead by example. you don't have to overwhelm them with nutritional facts, show them what healthy eating is and talk to them in ways they can understand.

Don't bother telling your mom how to raise children. thats a non-starter.
  • jjulliee
    jjulliee Posts: 40 Member
    little brothers and sisters look up to their older siblings. lead by example. you don't have to overwhelm them with nutritional facts, show them what healthy eating is and talk to them in ways they can understand.

Don't bother telling your mom how to raise children. thats a non-starter.

I agree! Sounds like you're already a good example to them. And, when your're eating "your" food, maybe offer a bite so they can see if they like it. Or, if you've found healthy snacks that you really enjoy, try to get your siblings interested in them. Good luck - in the US, just about every other little kid I see is moderately overweight or downright obese, and I think it's sad and irresponsible that parents allow this.