A question for the ladies...

Options
Hi there everyone,

I've been stuck at the same number since last Wednesday after working my butt off all weekend and I came on my period on Monday, so I was just wondering if you ladies find that you're heavier when you're on your period due to water retention? Some of my female friends say they are and some say they don't tend to notice so I don't know whether to take it as fact or fiction?

Thanks!

Replies

• WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    I always show about two pounds heavier the week leading up to TOM but it is gone and usually a little more by the time he disappears.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am heavier the week before-then it starts to go down by the week I am off....so for two weeks I can't truly track weight-kind of sucks!
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    im always heavier right before TOM, but during i tend to lose the weight slowly. Also I believe that sore muscles will get you a lbs or two extra. At least thats the case for me...
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    I'm up when TOM is in town :cry:
  • simplyme40
    Options
    I feel heavier, I just avoid the scale that week:)
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yea I normally have more weight gain around that time as well. It's going to depend on the women just like everything connected with our bodies. I think you should just keep working at it and see what it's like next week. How long have you been tracking for? Is there a pattern?
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm heavier right before TOM.
  • SandraDeeRene
    Options
    It so plays a factor with me anywhere from 2 to 4 pounds.....hang in there:flowerforyou:
  • crizma2001
    Options
    I'm usually 2lbs heavier or so. Ive learned not to weigh myself from 2 days prior to my visitor to 2 days after she leaves.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I weigh 4-5 lbs more a few days before and the first few days of mine. Drink extra water during this time to flush out the retained water. Midol and pamprin help to rid of this as well.
  • daisabelle
    daisabelle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support everyone!

Well I've managed to lose the 3lb I gained over Christmas, but I've just been stuck at the same number since last week. It's very frustrating when I'm used to losing 1-2lb a week! I'm not going to weigh myself till next Wednesday now and carry on with my Tae Bo and eating well and hopefully it should budge :)