hoping to make new friends... 50+ AND UP...

HOPING TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND STARTING A BUDDY SYSTEM IN THE AREA.. IT WOULD BE NICE TO START SOMETHING NEW IN THE AREA AND MAKING NEW FRIENDS ... FOR THOSE LOOKING TO LOSE WEIGHT OR SHARE STORIES OF THEIR ROLLER COASTER WIEIGHT ISSUES... LIKE MOST OF US... STARTING A BUDDY SYSTEM AND HOPING WE CAN MEET UP SOON FOR COFFEE I AM NEW HERE FOR THE MY FITNESS PAL AND HOPING WE CAN MEET UP SOON AND BECOME FRIENDS...

Replies

• oblair
    oblair Posts: 57 Member
    You might fare better by using your inside voice.
  • tlspiegel
    tlspiegel Posts: 22 Member

ROTFL
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member

Sometimes you have to shout to be heard. I had 3 kids. That's how it works,.lol
  • oblair
    oblair Posts: 57 Member
    Sometimes, but this is not one of those times.
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Occasionally new people on MFP may also be new to the world of message boards. They may be unfamiliar with some of the rules of etiquette and how easily other posters can get their knickers in a bunch about what is often perceived as intentional rudeness.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    it's exciting..
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Hello Mary Ann,

Welcome to mfp. It is very helpful to take off the caps lock when posting. On message boards, all caps is considered the equivalent of shouting.

I checked your profile to discover that your neighborhood is Brooklyn. How very cool to be so close to the Big Apple.

I also suggest that you read many of the success stories - they are very inspirational. There is a wonderful lady with the screen name of Hanfordrose. Here is one of her recent threads http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1374035-graphic-photos-of-a-69-year-woman-in-a-swimsuit

As the title of the thread states, she is older than you. No matter. Her story is quite uplifting.

best of luck in your journey
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,425 Member
    Occasionally new people on MFP may also be new to the world of message boards. They may be unfamiliar with some of the rules of etiquette and how easily other posters can get their knickers in a bunch about what is often perceived as intentional rudeness.

This +1
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    add me.. :) sorry for the double post.. oops..