August 30 day shred- motivation required !!

Options

Replies

• Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Day ten tonight is scheduled, second day of level two. Level one has gotten to be a bit of a breeze, I can make it through level two ok, but it gets difficult toward the end.
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So someone misplaced the DVD remote.. and I had to start off with Level 3 this morning lol... which is where I left off before. Oh well, I did it this morning. Felt great but tiring!
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm in, doing it tonight when I get home. :D Is there a group being set up, or just this thread? ^_^
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine that i hadnt seen in months wanted to hang out today so i did and we went fishing and had a few drinks. i HAD to come home and shower and im still a little bevved up. what are all of your thoughts on working out post drinking? :) and i really do mean a little :)
  • jessacurtis
    jessacurtis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started on the 24th of July and have done 8 days with rest in between. Big difference in my endurance level, though I still feel sick and dizzy afterwards. Taking 2 days of rest though; it's definitely needed.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Life Happened one day this week so I'm on Day 5 today.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I have done the 30DS before successfully BUT I have put on some weight this summer from boredom and social eating or something. I would love to be a part of a supportive group for this month! I just finished my workout for day #2! I hope you're all doing well today!
  • poorisubash
    poorisubash Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Finished day 2 of the shred and was a shade better though calves and thighs are sore!!!! Hope you are all finding it a bit better too... c:smile:
  • JDennis87
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • Kathumm
    Kathumm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • mroo2014
    mroo2014 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 2 but feel free to add me in you need motivation through level 1 and beyond :) I'm a huge fan of the workouts and have seen some big differences already!

Happy shredding
  • RollTideLisa
    Options
    I would like to join in too, if it isn't too late. I have done it before, but it has been a while. Feel free to add me if you wanna, good luck everyone!
  • kay182
    kay182 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice so far. Once on Sunday, and I couldn't walk right until Wednesday. Those side lunges really killed me. I did it this morning again and feel great! So, I'm in :)

I read on an Amazon review that people do Level 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3 and so on... mainly to prevent boredom. You would follow the modified version. I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow morning and possibly do level 2 if m muscles are really sore.
  • jbug5j
    Options
    did today!!! i started feeling nauseous at 12 min in (dumbell rows) and it stayed off and on throughout the rest of the workout. im going to consider this day 2 (for ocd purposes) because i DID do this last tuesday. now... i know it sounds silly and TECHNICALLY it is day 1, but since today is august 2nd im saying day 2 anyway. :P lol

questions: does anyone have tips on knee pain/popping? is it something im just going to have to live with and work around or does that "burning OMG my knees are going to explode" feeling go away eventually? ALSO... WHY do i always end up crawling up the floor when i do bicycle crunches? am i alone here?

i NEVER make it past 3 days in a row so heres hoping i can :)

also... picture.

10595696_10152281746431527_1097456764_n.jpg
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Currently doing the 30 day shred and started level 2 today! Needless to say, Jillian kicked my butt lol...it really got me near the end when she said "I want you to feel like you're going to die" because she must've been reading my mind. Anyway, sweating and feeling good, so on to some extra cardio and back at it tomorrow...figured I'd stop to post this since it was my first day on level 2 and I wanted to share...
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Did a day for Level 1 this evening. Was still tough but I felt like I did better than the first time I did Level 1 a few months ago. If you have not taken your measurements, I HIGHLY recommend it. You may not see the scale drop as much since you are building muscle but you will definitely notice a change in how your clothes fit.

About the knees... maybe try an elastic sleeve. They sell them in most stores and help with the support. I need to get a new one because I struggle with this myself.

Agree with the earlier comments - if you're getting bored, there's no harm if doing a different level each day. I personally like 1 and 3 the best... 2 is KILLER!!!!

Good luck to everyone!
  • angrodriguez92
    Options
    Glad to see lots of people joining at all stages! Congrats on your progress!

Just finished Day#3 and tacked on some extra yoga at the end to help cool down. Working out is starting to feel good. Hopefully I'm breezing through this by the end of the week =)
  • angrodriguez92
    Options
    did today!!! i started feeling nauseous at 12 min in (dumbell rows) and it stayed off and on throughout the rest of the workout. im going to consider this day 2 (for ocd purposes) because i DID do this last tuesday. now... i know it sounds silly and TECHNICALLY it is day 1, but since today is august 2nd im saying day 2 anyway. :P lol

questions: does anyone have tips on knee pain/popping? is it something im just going to have to live with and work around or does that "burning OMG my knees are going to explode" feeling go away eventually? ALSO... WHY do i always end up crawling up the floor when i do bicycle crunches? am i alone here?

i NEVER make it past 3 days in a row so heres hoping i can :)

also... picture.

10595696_10152281746431527_1097456764_n.jpg

I would limit your range of motion a bit during the activities that make your knees sore. Jumping rope, I find, is quite rough on the knees. Perhaps you can barely come off the ground during the jumping rope until your supporting muscles get stronger? Or just stand on your tip toes each time they jump for a calf strengthening exercise? You would be surprised how effective that is. I carry my weight mainly in my thighs and I have had times when I have to be extremely careful with my knees. As you lose weight it will be easier to put stress on your knees.

dont get discouraged! Try to make it through day#3 even if you have to do all the modified moves or take breaks. Or at least go for a half hour walk or something if you need a rest day. It'll help you develop a routine =)
  • Sheets76
    Sheets76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm in! Need help to keep motivated:)
    Ps : how are you tracking this? Is there a group?
  • jbug5j
    Options
    I would limit your range of motion a bit during the activities that make your knees sore. Jumping rope, I find, is quite rough on the knees. Perhaps you can barely come off the ground during the jumping rope until your supporting muscles get stronger? Or just stand on your tip toes each time they jump for a calf strengthening exercise? You would be surprised how effective that is. I carry my weight mainly in my thighs and I have had times when I have to be extremely careful with my knees. As you lose weight it will be easier to put stress on your knees.

dont get discouraged! Try to make it through day#3 even if you have to do all the modified moves or take breaks. Or at least go for a half hour walk or something if you need a rest day. It'll help you develop a routine =)

:) thats my plan. with the jump ropes i alternate my legs (kinda like running in place but with bounce) that helps a lot. i tried the regular way and it just hurt too much. its good to know that it should go away eventually!! ^_^ thanks so much! my plan is to walk on my treadmill if i need to take break days. today is NOT one of them, im not as sore as normal since i was so nauseous i couldnt push as hard as i wanted. :)