does Slimquick for women work?

Options
I just started today but I'm still curious...has anyone else taken this pill and it work or....not work? I'm using the original one with the white bottle. I guess regular or whatever haha

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Nope...none of those pills work.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Attempted -- no, not for me.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I used it a few years ago...I thought it did help to not get me hungry and Iost some weight but as soon as I would get off of it the weigh came back......Its not cool to depend on any pills.
  • jmae418
    Options
    No, none of those pills work. I too have tried a bunch. Last summer I tried using the Slimquick for women and it was the WORST!!! Be very careful if you take it and then have something with caffine in it. I took it and a few hours after ate something with chocolate... I literally though I was going to have a heart attack! The combination of the Slimquick and the caffine in the chocolate sped up my heart rate so fast that I was terrified that I was going to have to take myself to the hospital. It took hours for it to go away!!!!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I used it last year, and I actually used the drink packets that you put in water. The only thing it helped me with was I felt energized after I drank it... but as far as weight loss no. Seems after I stopped using it, I gained some more weight too! I will NEVER go back to any pills. I have taken too many in my younger days, and it scares me to think what damage I've done to my body!
  • racheyanne1
    Options
    I dont typically use weight-loss pills, but I have some friends and a sister that did. Typically they curved their appetite, but as soon as they stopped, they gained all the weight back. It wasnt worth it.

My sister just lost 55 pounds and looks amazing. She just worked out every day and didnt eat processed food. I would throw those pills away and just focus on losing weight the old fashion way. Weight that comes off slower will stay gone longer. Fast efforts almost NEVER work.

Good luck.
  • Jcarpenter32
    Options
    I take slim quick and it does work. It curbs your appetite but make sure you are drinking plenty of water. It also gives me energy to want to actually workout. It was a great jumpstart to me losing weight and changing my mindset and eating habits. I’ve lost about 22lbs. I wouldn’t suggest drinking soda or coffee while using it though because it’s an overload of caffeine. I guess everyone body reacts to it differently but as for me I love it. Most people thinks it’s going to be a magic pill and they can still lay on the couch and eat Big Mac's all day and the pounds will just melt off. The pill is a dietary aid and if used in conjunction with a few food changes and some exercise and can be a HUGE help.
  • Fit_Chef_NE
    Fit_Chef_NE Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It will work if you eat with a calorie deficit. If you eat a calorie surplus, no pill on Earth will prevent you from losing weight. Just like calories cannot be created from nothing, weight loss cannot be created from no effort either.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I can tell you this: i took it before and thought my rate of weightloss was credited to it when i lost weight three years ago. I swore by it so much i got one of my friends trying to take it. Mind you i was working out like crazy, eating at a deficit, drinking tons of water and eating healthy. But i really gave the crdedit to the slimquick. Boy was i wrong!!

Well this time around i haven't taken any shakes or pills or whatever and am still losing weight at the same exact rate and amount. In fact even more. My conclusion is they are all a scam and a huge waste of your money. You will have more fun just taking your money and burning it on the bonfire. All you need is exercise, water, good food and determination. If you must have stuff to put into your water then go to the dollar store and pick up some dollar crystal light or something. its way cheaper and does the same exact thing.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This thread is from 2011. I don't think the OP is still looking for advice.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Oh crap, zombie thread. :ohwell:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Incinerated_Zombie.gif
  • Smoofalz
    Smoofalz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Two years ago I tried slimquick and with diet and exercise I lost 20 pounds in a little over 2 months. I stopped because I found out I was pregnant, and after I had my son I had gained weight again.. Now I am just following my MFP goals, exercising a little and in about a month and a half I am done 16 pounds already... so now seeing that I would have to say it doesn't really do anything, its the diet and some exercise you need, save that money for something else. Plus every once in a while it would give me head aches when I was on it...

And just saw the last few posts that this was an old thread..so hopefully someone else is looking for similar advice lol