Please Help!!!!

Options
I am back on the weight loss train after losing about 80 pounds however, this time around it isn't so easy. I have about 30 more pounds to lose to get to my goal, but it's coming off at a snails pace. I was losing 3-5 pounds a week where I struggle to get 1 pound now! What do I do???

Replies

• beckyb77
    Options
    I went from 248 to 170 and the same things are no longer working to take the weight off!!!
  • dwazy
    dwazy Posts: 13
    Options
    First of all, congrats on the weight loss!!! Good for you. If you have been using the same workout routine maybe you need to change it up. Your body gets use to it and putting something new in the program may help. Good luck!
  • heavenscnt
    Options
    Increase proteins and cut processed carbs, just eat fruits and veggies and add some green tea or increase water!!!! see if this will jump start you!! When I am breaking a stall I always do this and it seems to get things going again!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Google Zig Zag Diet and give that a try. It will confuse your metabolism and kick things back into high gear.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Check out my post on Plateaus. It's what has worked for me. Hopefully it will help for you. Best Wishes.
  • beckyb77
    Options
    I am sorry, but I don't know what Plateaus is or how to get to it!
  • mcelledge
    mcelledge Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hang in there.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    What do you do? You stick with it! You perservere, have patience and have faith that it WILL COME OFF!

I'm 50 and am a veteran of "dieting". I will tell you that my biggest, the VERY BIGGEST OBSTACLE!!! for not being successful
    once and for all is I was impatient to see the results and always gave up too easily.
    Please don't make this mistake.

It IS hard to stick it out when weight loss slows down. This is a mental game probably more so than physical.
    You've done very well and you're probably exhausted by your efforts and just want to get this done and over with. That's completely normal.

My Dr. lost 85 lbs using this site. She confessed to me that some of her plateaus would last a month! Weight loss does slow down after a while.

Try to keep the cliché in mind ... The time will pass anyway ...

I wish you all the very best!!! Please know in your heart that you will get to your goal even if it takes longer than you'd like it to.
  • 1badvan
    1badvan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can use the search function to find the threads on plateaus.,

My suggestion would be take a look at and re evaluate your eating, if you use a BMR calculator that will tell you the minimum calories you need to survive and then you should add la percentage to that depending on your activity level. There has been a lot of research showing that if you eat too little calories you will lose weight for a while and then stop cause your body goes into starvation mode, and usually bumping up the calorie intake will help you start losing again after a week or so when your body gets out of starvation mode.

It may sound crazy but it works, and if you think about it, if yo are exercising to lose weight you are gaining muscle and muscles need more calories to work than fat does!

My favorite calculator/ weight loss info site is this one http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/ it really helps me stay focused and doesn't promote anything unless it is backed with real science NO FAD diets

EDIT: this site has a bmr calculator too http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator