Fairly New and looking for support

Options
HI MFP,
I am fairly new to MFP. I joined a few months about but didn't get serious about using it until really this week. I have a friend who has really motivated me to start using it. I have a lot of weight to lose and I am still not all that confident in how to do it so I am looking for the support of others.

MY stats 5'4 355lbs 30 yr old.

Replies

• LadyHobbledehoy
    LadyHobbledehoy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I joined only about 2 weeks ago. In that short amount of time, I've learned so much, have been motivated by reading lots of posts, reading tips, and visiting the "Success Stories" board. It's all very inspiring! If you need a friend, you've got one in me. I'll be rooting for you!

(Anyone else can add me too!)
  • mona52bask
    mona52bask Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebecca. I'm rooting for you. I've been on MFP, off and on, for about two years also. I joined in 2012. In the beginning I lost weight. But, for some reason, I can't stay within the allowable calories I should eat each day. It's frustrating sometimes. But, this time, I said I will document everything that I eat. It helps a lot. Now I know how much I'm over eating. I also have a lot to lose. Instead of thinking about all the weight I need to lose, I set small goals. My first goal is to lose 10 pounds. When I reach that goal, my next is to lose 10 more pounds. Maybe we can support each other. :smile:
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebecca! You can do this! I would be happy to help encourage you. Add me if you like.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hello Nice to meet you :) I have been on here for a while and this is a great site with lots of useful information and lots of motivating and inspiring people :) Make sure you start by logging your food right away :) That is key. If you don't have a foodscale I would suggest getting one as soon as you can. Best of luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you would like friends to help motivate :)
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! Welcome aboard!!! :happy:
  • 704jennifer
    Options
    I am new to this as well. I've been a member for some time, but never seriously made an effort to get healthy. Congratulations on your decision. I hope we can all support and motivate on another.
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your first steps to becoming a happy and healthier you! I have found MFP to be extremely supportive in my journey. My friends help keep me accountable for my choices, both good and bad, and the message boards are a great way to get info. Feel free to add me if you would like. I'm on daily and my food diary is open for all to view...the good, the bad...and the Royal Red Robin burgers...

Anyone can feel free to add me. Always looking for new supportive friends.

Happy Sunday everyone!
  • scoobydooteresa
    scoobydooteresa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hi MFP

a little about me i have had gastric bypass surgery it will be a year next month and i have lost a total of 170 pound on my weight loss journey. 100 pounds on my own and 70 since the surgery and need to lose another 15 pounds to be at a normal BMI which is my goal and i have to tell you losing this last 15 pounds have been the hardest for me. i used MFP before my surgery and stopped using it after and think now is the time to use it again to see just how many calories i really am consuming and to get a little more motivation. the surgery is just a tool after all and i intend to use it to the fullest.