except the joker....
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    No.
  • MaDwItNeWfLaVa
    MaDwItNeWfLaVa Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It'll make you love yourself more, and give you more confidence. More confidence = more love from people because your more talkative and welcoming. : )
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    If you love yourself more just the way you are now, people might be more receptive to you,
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you don't first love yourself then no it won't matter one bit!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    It's because DC sucks. Sorry bro
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Go get a cheap electric guitar and small amp at a pawn shop and learn how to play it.

Even if you become self taught and only know a few songs.

Everyone may still hate you, but you will become more popular, especially with the chicks!

It's even better if you join or start your own band.

If you decide to do this, make sure you do it before you get married. ;)

^ this.....and learn to spell (sorry....teasing) :tongue:
  • jojokmack
    jojokmack Posts: 117
    Options
    this made me giggle :D

Seriously though honey,... it won't make the slightest difference. It is their loss love,....just love yourself x
  • katew221
    katew221 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I never cared what people thought of me, but as I started to get closer to the 200lb mark, it was like I was suddenly a 'normal person' and people would actually make eye contact, strike up a conversation, not give me scowls when they 'had' to sit next to me in the only empty seat or something. Before, most of the time I was just invisible (at upwards of 260lbs) or an impingement on their day. It's a funny thing.

That doesn't mean that people don't like you now, or that they like you more the less you weigh. I think it has to do with the human dislike of disease and unhealthy-ness. It doesn't square with the pack mentality, maybe. I guess it's one less barrier for people wanting to get to know you, which would make it easier to find out how great you are! :laugh:

Anywho, do it for you not for anyone else lovely :flowerforyou:
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You have to love yourself before anyone else can. You are the one who teaches people how to treat you. So if you want them to treat you a certain way, you have to be willing to take steps to treat others the way you want to be treated.
  • judipatootie
    judipatootie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    why do you say they hate you? I think that as humans we jump to the wrong conclusions way too quickly. I know how you feel. I am friendly to everyone i speak to, but i am also a bit of an introvert, and very shy. I dont jump in on the discussions and as a result i used to think that no one liked me. But ive realized, thats not what it is. Im just not an outgoing person.
  • veitnamwar1965
    veitnamwar1965 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    thanks guys not what i wanted to hear tho
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Some people will, but hopefully they will like you for more than just that. If that's the only reason someone likes you, then you're better off without them. It that's just one of several reasons they like you, that's OK.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Regardless of weight, a douche is a douche.

Not saying you're a douche, just that changing weight is not going to affect your personality. Confidence, yes, improves, but will not change your personality.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Would you want to be friends with people who only like you bvecause you're thinner?

And, I don't know you or what you're like, but all too often the people who say "I'm really nice but no one likes me" are not as nice as they think they are, or they're needy or desperate to be liked and that can be off-putting.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    thanks guys not what i wanted to hear tho

Ok, then yes. In fact, they'll hate you more.

Seriously, though. There were some solid suggestions such as "love yourself first."
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    They will but in my case as lovely as that may be,
    I think a whole lot more of those that were nice
    to me BEFORE I became my current 'physique'.
    We live in a bit of a shallow world, sadly.
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    IF losing weight makes you more attractive it will make people like you more. Humans are hard-wired to like visually attractive people. We rate them as having better personalities, pay them more money, are more willing to trust them and every other kind of biased judgement you can imagine.

HOWEVER it will not make you a better person, it won't improve your personality or make you more trustworthy or competent, and however thin you are eventually you will be old and your looks will fade and your investment in appearance will be devalued where an investment in actually being trustworthy, competent, charismatic etc will still pay dividends even if your body turns into some kind of grotesquery.