DISCOURAGED

Options
SO BASICALLY, ON 12/31/12 I WEIGHED IN AT 387LBS! AND THAT WAS AFTER LOOSING 100LBS! IN JULY 2013 I WAS 240LBS, AND HAD GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY! I HAD BEEN DOING REALLY GREAT FOR A WHILE BUT THEN I MOVED 150MILES AWAY FROM HOME TO LIVE IN SOME HOTEL WITH MY BF ( I AM 26BTW AND WITH HIM 3 YEAR, HES OLDER) SO NOW BEING IN THE MOTEL WITH NO STOVE I DONT GET THE VEGETABLES I NEED OR PROTEIN OR ANYTHING! JUNK FOOD HAS BEEN REINTRODUCED SLOWLY BUT NOW IT IS OUT OF CONTROL! I WAS DOWN TO 209 BUT NOW AM BETWEEN 216 AND 218! I GUESS I JUST NEED ENCOURAGEMENT, IDEAS OF PROTEIN RICH LOW FAT AND SUGAR FOODS TO EAT THAT DONT COST MUCH BC IM BROKE AS HECK!

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    is there a refrigerator? if so, you could store greek yogurt. how about sandwiches? sargento reduced fat swiss is low in fat, high in protein per slice.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    am i wrong to feel that your weight is the least of your problems?

i guess if you eat fast food, maybe don't eat the buns. buy just what you need for the day. Fruits don't need to be cooked and many veggies can be eaten raw. nuts don't go bad, just don't over do them.

Best of luck.
  • ANTlSOClAL
    Options
    Hot plate and pan.. George Foreman grill..Crock pot...?
    Pretty inexpensive items
    am i wrong to feel that your weight is the least of your problems?

agree
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
    canned tuna
    canned refried beans or other beans
    yogurt
    cottage cheese
  • antoniodean
    Options
    You have get very disciplined and eat certain foods that aid in your cause while limited. Grocery stores are there to feed you so be creative and "picky". Breakfast can be cereal and fruit . Fruit doesn't have to be refrigerated. Bananas are good. whole wheat cereal. Any fiber based breakfast food. Even certain muffins. For lunch you could have tuna from a can with wheat bread, fruit, and buy your veggies and eat them whole, cucumbers, raw green beens. I suggest cutting carbs as they are fuel for the body unless your going to exercise on a regular. Dinner should be light. Very light. Eat whatever but count the "fat" on any label. Stick with Turkey or tuna from Subway or something like that. You can do this in your predicament without the convience of a stove and even a fridge. You just have to be vigilant, disciplined and like food enough to find what your body needs to burn fat. Try different foods, but if your forced to go the route of convience make sure you read the label. NO FAT is always good. I have more. I weigh 168 and have a target for 150 cause I'm in training. Hope this helps. The food is out there you just have to find it. They may be in cans and processed which I don't endorse but when your body needs food it's best that label give you something worthwhile. Personally I eat whatever I want as an endurance athlete.

Peace

Antoniodean
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    0_0 no Need to yell.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    There are a LOT of veggies you can eat raw, get some hummus for dip if you like it. If you don't have a fridge get a cheap cooler, this will help. You can also get things like nuts, olives and fruit for other snacks.