Confused about nuts! Are they good or bad?

Options
Hi every one, I know this may seem like a silly question but are nuts good or bad for me????

They are a source of protein and fat, some people tell me to snack on nuts instead of my usual biscuits or choc, and others tell me that I shouldn't snack on nuts because of the fat content. HELP im confused!!!

Im 23, 9 stone, wouldn't mind shifting just a few pounds, have changed my diet completely which was usually junk food all day long. I am a petite UK size 8, so I don't really need to lose weight but I just want the confusion to be cleared up as I want something savoury and healthy to snack on in the day between meals.......

Thanks peeps! :)

Replies

• marieisthecool
    marieisthecool Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    nuts are a good snack and certainly better than chocolate! it's just not good to eat too much. a lot of good fat is still a lot of fat.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Nuts are good for you, especially RAW nuts.

We need a moderate amount of fat in our daily eating or you can have different issues. Fat is very important for keeping the body in balance and working properly.

Low fat eating is not the way to go.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Nuts are AWESOME. The fat that is in them is the kind of fat that we NEED. Just don't eat an excessive amount. I usually have 1-2 servings a day.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    It's like everything else.

Moderation. Moderation. Moderation.

I love almonds! LOVE them! The flavored ones too - Dark Cocoa by Blue Diamond! :happy: Great snack for me. But I try to keep it to one serving daily.
  • shaitanslc
    shaitanslc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Marie hit in on the head...

Good fat...nuts are high in calories per content...good snack but eat in moderation.
  • mikegohl
    mikegohl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat nuts every day as a snack. They help me feel less hungry between meals.
  • carlyannabelle87
    Options
    Well I think thats that then...thanks for ur help guys! Nuts are good but in moderation!!!

Ooooh i adore cashews and pistachios!!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Love the planters olive oil and sea salt almonds!
  • meredith414
    Options
    For me personally I stay away from them. I think they are good for you in the sense that they have a lot of great health benefits but they're not really good for dieters. I find that it's hard to control my portions of them. Especially if they're salted! I have peanut butter once or twice a week but that's it as far as nuts go.