Is insanity enought ?

Options
I have been to the gym for 6 months irregularly .... but 3 days ago i started insanity and yesterday i started to run on treadmill using c25k app ... actually insanity is so hard for me my entire body is aching so i don't know if i will be able to go the gym but i'm confused ... so is insanity+running is enough considering that i've been on a diet for one year and a half and i am hardly loosing weight , so i was thinking that increasing my work out would fasten my metabolism ?

What do you think?

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I never understood the appeal of "insanity." Seems like it would work well for sedentary people. So no, I don't think it's enough. Weight training and running is a good combo.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I never understood the appeal of "insanity." Seems like it would work well for sedentary people.

Er, uh, I think "Insanity" would kill sedentary people. I think it's for advanced folks.
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    insanity is MORE than enough. It is a killer workout...listen to your body! It is definitely not for a sedentary person. I used 30 day shred as a lead in when I did insanity ... It is a total body workout that will have you in great shape ..... if you i can finish it... :bigsmile:
  • biba_luly
    biba_luly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    insanity is MORE than enough. It is a killer workout...listen to your body! It is definitely not for a sedentary person. I used 30 day shred as a lead in when I did insanity ... It is a total body workout that will have you in great shape ..... if you i can finish it... :bigsmile:

Thank you for your reply

Me too i did 30 days shred 2 times before but i needed something more advanced . I hope i can finish it :D
  • bikeboyhaha
    bikeboyhaha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cycling is great to do.

33137944.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Any calorie burn : running, walking, elliptical, classes in combination with eating a calorie deficit will result in the drops you want. I don't think the method of exercise really matters, but I would say: stick with something you can do that does not kill you :)