Life long battle

Options
I was always the heavy kid when growing up, heavy teen and heavy adult. Except for maybe a total of one year period I have always been this way. Some pluses were I was mostly active and overall my health was fine. It seemed that all changed once I hit the 50th birthday. For the first time I began to notice how my weight was really affecting my health. In addition to being obese I am also type 2 diabetic. I have decided to change, I am so tired of my weight. I understand I must begin taking small steps in this process and those steps will yield the results I am looking for. I am going to give it my best. I am fighting for my life.

Replies

• marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the decision to own your health. I'm at goal but stay on the site to keep me focused on my food and exercise goals. I wish you all the very best and lots of success with your goals. If I can help send me a friend request. Be well!:flowerforyou:
  • softmountains
    Options
    it is great that you want to change your life, but you must know, that ebcause you're diabetic it is even more difficult because you must watch what you eat and how you excersise really close. however, fight on!
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think you made a great first step here. Not going to say it is easy, but it will be very rewarding. Good luck!
  • inhobbited
    Options
    Welcome, prodavid2! Good for you in deciding to make a change! :happy: I'm also trying to take slow, steady steps towards a healthier weight; so if you need some support or a friend along the way feel free to add me!
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm about 3 weeks in and recently started adding friends because it keeps me invested. And I'm so inspired by all your stories!!

Anyone can feel free to add me. I keep my diary open, so feel free to comment on that as well. Best of luck everyone!