Gained a lot during an unhealthy marriage.

Options
I'd eat my feelings. shocking I know...
Never thought I'd weigh this much and I'm finally realizing after a life of trying to get in shape that I simply can't do it alone. Nothing in my closet fits me.. when the dresses got too small I knew I had to do something. Dresses were the go to. Jeans?? HA. Its been months since I've fit into any of them... but the dresses were always there for me. NOT ANYMORE.. lol

Enter MFP. I'm excited to be a part of this community. :)

I weight train and eat raw vegan and I love the energy it gives me. When Im depressed I live on reeces and ice cream so I could sleep away the days... Now I want to live life to the fullest and I find eating raw is what works best for me.

HELLO ALL!

Replies

• mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I gained weight during an unhealthy divorce..although i don't think there are healthy divorces lol ;) Anyway, I'll send you a friend request, join this weight loss journey together!
  • 3athlt
    3athlt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This sounds too familiar to me. I ONLY gained 135 pounds in 7 years of my unhealthy marriage, that's all!!! Since I've been separated, I've lost 24 pounds but I obviously have a LONG way to go. Today I thought I would update my MFP account with some pics of the "old me" and I ended up crying for an hour. I went from being a long distance triathlete and marathoner to someone that can't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded and having my heart beat through my chest. It's SO depressing when I look at those old pics, but I'm trying to stay positive. I think with the combination of the food and exercise diaries I'll be accountable to myself and I'll be able to knock off this weight. But the depressing thing is that it's going to take SO freaking long to make that happen. But, I still must take this long journey. It's just going to take a VERY long time to reach my goals.
  • babbyb1
    babbyb1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This sounds too familiar to me. I ONLY gained 135 pounds in 7 years of my unhealthy marriage, that's all!!! Since I've been separated, I've lost 24 pounds but I obviously have a LONG way to go. Today I thought I would update my MFP account with some pics of the "old me" and I ended up crying for an hour. I went from being a long distance triathlete and marathoner to someone that can't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded and having my heart beat through my chest. It's SO depressing when I look at those old pics, but I'm trying to stay positive. I think with the combination of the food and exercise diaries I'll be accountable to myself and I'll be able to knock off this weight. But the depressing thing is that it's going to take SO freaking long to make that happen. But, I still must take this long journey. It's just going to take a VERY long time to reach my goals.

I am right there with ya. I have never been a triathlete, but I could at least FUNCTION. I understand completely when you say that you cannot handle a flight of stairs without getting winded. I have kids I need to look out for. I need to deal with them. I have gained 20 lbs in the last few months after telling the STBX that I want a divorce. He, of course, is making life difficult. I cannot look at pics of the old me. I look in the closet at the bigger clothes and get completely disgusted. It's going to take time to get this weight off. A fact of which I am NOT thrilled about! I need to dump 60-65 lbs along with 200+ lbs of walking irritation.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to seeing you get healthy...physically and emotionally!!!
  • BowHunter1967
    BowHunter1967 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Best of luck on your fitness quest. MFP friend support is awesome!