Weight Loss After Depression

Options
I'm Katie, and I am 26. Over the past year and a half I have been battling depression from a breakup and a natural disaster that hit my community last May. I have since been put on and anti depressant and have made some major improvements. Dealing with all this has left me 30 lbs heavier than where I was this time last year and I really want to get back where I was.

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are improving from where you were, add some friend's that are in the same situation (losing 30lbs or more) and add some friends that are in maintenance mode like me that way you can see how people are eating/working out ect.. goodluck
  • I'm Katie, and I am 26. Over the past year and a half I have been battling depression from a breakup and a natural disaster that hit my community last May. I have since been put on and anti depressant and have made some major improvements. Dealing with all this has left me 30 lbs heavier than where I was this time last year and I really want to get back where I was.

Hi Katie!

I see you are from Norman, I lived in OK for 10 years. I completely understand how you feel! My dad's house was only about 20 blocks from the school that was leveled by the tornado, he lived off of SW 89th. I also survived the May 3, 1999 tornado, I lived in Chickasha at the time.

I too have been dealing with depression and anxiety since I underwent a radical hysterectomy in DEC 2012 due to cervical cancer. I already needed to lose weight, then my hormones, etc made me gain even more.

Just this past week I was put on an anti depressant, upped my hormones, vitamin D supplement (my level was extremely low!), and phentermine. This is all so new to me, as I rarely take any type of medication.

Good luck and feel free to add me if you like!

~Kelly