Foods High in Protein but low in fat and sodium?

Options
Does anyone have any food ideas that contain high protein but low in fat and sodium? I need to work on increasing protein and lowering my sodium and fat intake.

Thanks in Advance!

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Shrimp is excellent.
    Chicken.
    Non-fatty fish (tilapia, not salmon).
    Eggs.
    Beans & legumes.
    Some pork & beef.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    fish i.e , trout, catfish, salmon, tuna
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Shrimp is excellent.
    Chicken.
    Non-fatty fish (tilapia, not salmon).
    Eggs.
    Beans & legumes.
    Some pork & beef.

shrimp is kinda high in sodium though
    salmon has the good heart-healthy fats: omega-3 and unsaturated fats
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Chicken or turkey? I like turkey, even fewer calories than chicken.
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My spouse is on a very low sodium diet. Fresh meats, fish, and eggs are all good sources of protein. Make sure that you buy the fresh not the frozen, we learned that they inject salt water into the meat to preserve it better, and to increase the weight.

For example, a frozen chicken beast 100g has about 250mg sodium depending not eh brand, the exact same brand in fesh has 55mg. Same with salmon and other seafood.

Stay away from processed foods for sodium.

Greek yogurt , beans made from dry not canned are both good sources.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Boar's Head makes deli meats that are low in sodium. I especially like their no salt added turkey breast ( 2 oz = 70 calories, 0 carbs, 1 g fat, 15 g protein, 55 mg sodium) and all natural roast beef (2 oz = 80 calories, 0 carbs, 3 g fat, 14 g protein, 149 mg sodium).
  • Jujubees813
    Jujubees813 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been on a very low sodium diet for the last couple months. I finally found some protein powder to help me out when I can't cook up a steak or chicken. It's Jarrows Brown rice protein. I was shocked to see how much sodium and sugar is in typical protein powders. I typically make mine in rice dream horchata, add chocolate pb2, and fresh raspberries (if I have some extra sugar g left for the day). It's delicious.
  • mnora0586
    mnora0586 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the food tips. Time to do some grocery shopping! :D
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fish and beans. Egg whites are good too, but they have a bit of natural sodium.