The Excuses I Make(Part 2)

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/JosieRawr/view/the-excuses-i-make-part-2-683637

Please check out my blog :)

What are your top excuses to battle with? Which ones have you conquered?

My top five hard hitting excuses are-
I don't have time
I don't need to track
I just need to move more
I can do it on my own
I'll do it tomorrow, next week, etc....

I really thought that I had my crap together last time, but clearly I was wrong as I fell for these again!
So here I am, battling my lies again and just trying to keep putting one foot in front of the other(as I watch my step counter increase) and keep losing weight or at least not gaining! 10 pounds down, 24 or so to go this round. I'm currently above my initial starting weight from when ever that( <<<< over there) says I joined.

My number one conquered is "It's just one cigarette"

I'd love to have some more similarly minded, interactive friends(not asking for daily stalking or anything extreme lol)

Replies

• JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Yep, I post in the middle of the night and then realize.... man I should have done this during the more active time... -dang it-
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Some people work at night a read these posts :wink:

My biggest excuse is that I don't have time. With 2 toddlers running around at home it is hard, but they can go play in the play room for a bit while I get in an exercise video and it won't be the end of the world. I've been MAKING time and trying to include them. My son loves when I chase him in circles around the couch....it gives me more steps on my fitbit, so I do it until he stops. Where theres a will, theres a way :smile:
  • hiker583
    hiker583 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My biggest excuse is same - no time, though I have no kids, no responsibility, I always make work an excuse. I want to stop doing that.
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    Some people work at night a read these posts :wink:

My biggest excuse is that I don't have time. With 2 toddlers running around at home it is hard, but they can go play in the play room for a bit while I get in an exercise video and it won't be the end of the world. I've been MAKING time and trying to include them. My son loves when I chase him in circles around the couch....it gives me more steps on my fitbit, so I do it until he stops. Where theres a will, theres a way :smile:

Way to make it work! I use to lift my baby, modified for upper and lower body lol. Now I take her to the park and walk/jog while she rides her bike. She enjoys it and we get to bond, feels less like a work out(but it's a great work out)
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    "I'll do it tomorrow" is trying to get me today... Sooo unmotivated.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    "I will finish this game in a minute."
    "My back hurts."
    "There's a cat asleep in my lap."
    "I'll get to it later."
    "I've never enjoyed doing it."
    "I'm hungry. No, I really am. Well, not really but I can snack into the night if I want to. It's my life."

None of these sounds particularly inspiring, do they.
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I had stopped logging my food because I thought I had a good idea of how many calories I was eating. Then my weight lose slowed way down and I decided to start logging again. I soon realize that I wasn't correctly remembering how many calories are in some of my favorite foods. In one case I was off by 300 calories!
  • JosieRawr
    Options
    "I will finish this game in a minute."
    "My back hurts."
    "There's a cat asleep in my lap."
    "I'll get to it later."
    "I've never enjoyed doing it."
    "I'm hungry. No, I really am. Well, not really but I can snack into the night if I want to. It's my life."

None of these sounds particularly inspiring, do they.

"I'll get to it later"
    and yep "There's a cat asleep in my lap"
    Have been used by me!