ADVICE: Trying to find the best way to figure out who would

Options
We can not decide which is fair or any other way to go about the determining factor. One suggestion was the "most pounds lost", another way the "percentage of weight loss". Formula: wight loss divided by starting weight x 100. The question in regards to percentage factor was...is it fair for someone who lost the same amount of weight as another but their original start weights were very different so would it make the percentage not even? Does that make sense???....Can someone please offer a simple way to determine a winner once this challenge is over. We started Monday with a 2 mth timeframe. Thanking you in advance.

Replies

• Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Percentage of weight would be better! Is this a new group starting?
  • Lynnah
    Lynnah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The title seems to have been cut off, so I'm not quite sure of the question. However, if you're trying to calculate a weight loss 'winner', then percentage seems to be the fairest way - this factors in starting weight as well as weight loss. The weight comes off a bit quicker for heavier people :).
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I think the only fair way would be percentage lost.
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am assuming you are talking about a man versus a woman in this challenge?!?! Right? In that case, you can't do pounds lost because men and women are SOO different...you must do percentage weight loss. In the end you would divide the number of pounds lost by the starting weight X 100. It is the fair way to figure out a winner. GOOD LUCK!
  • nuawakenin
    Options
    Yes this is a new group starting. The example that made us wonder if the percentage route was fair was this...take a 176 lb person who lost 30lbs...30/176 x 100 = 17% and now take a 350 person who also lost 30lbs....30/350 x 100 = 8.6%. First, did i calculate this right and second, does that seem really fair? I did see where someone posted that heavier people loose weight quicker but im just wanted this to be fair to all. And also a response to another post, this challenge does include female and male challengers. Thx guys.