motivation

Options
hi guys

anyone know of any good TV shows/films about overweight people to inspire myself to lose the weight?

Replies

• mrsf15h
    mrsf15h Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Embarrassing bodies is good sometimes, especially when they get people in who have completely avoidable illnesses which is down to their weight. Always gives me a kick up the backside.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Extreme Weight Loss with Chris Powell and My 600# Life
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    dqx35.jpg
  • drone8
    drone8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sick, fat and nearly dead. Mainly focused on juicing IIRC, but a good wake up call either way.

Something that spurred me into action was not so much motivational in terms of someone scaring or yelling 'you can do it!' but rather watching/reading about people doing what I want(ed) to do but couldn't due to lack of stamina, excess weight, etc.

Like to travel but worried about flying (don't fit in seat?) read or watch shows about exotic places you have no choice to fly too. Like to hike but can't make it around the mall? Read/watch about some of the worlds most beautiful hiking spots. Etc. etc.

Good luck
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Though watching a TV show with extremely obese people is certainly interesting to see their transition and hear their story, it hardly motivates me personally. I get more motivation standing in front of a mirror buck naked and realizing I have work to do :ohwell:
  • emeryedwards8
    Options
    When I am lacking motivation, I look at Advocare before and after photos. Yes, those people used Advocare to help reach their goal, but if they can do it, so can I! So can you!
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I put in an army application and started training to pass the basic fitness test. I have found that wanting to do it just wasn't enough and I needed to have an external motivation (more than just a wedding)... since I put in my application I have sat my aptitude test and smashed it... I have received an additional boost when I was told I can be anything I want to be and to set myself apart from the other applicants I need to pass at a male level... I can now do 12 proper push ups, my 45 sit ups and beep test 7.5... 3 more push ups and I'm there... I still hate running, because it bores me, but I do it because I need to!!!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Extreme Weight Loss with Chris Powell and My 600# Life

I second My 600 Pound Life especially. Fat Doctor is good, too. And Secret Eaters! Supersize vs Superskinny is good, too.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry… but I like BIggest Loser. I don't follow their extreme methods of diet and exercise… but I love it. It motivates me.
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I watched an episode of Extreme Weight Loss on Demand today... focused on Bruce Pitcher. I highly recommend finding and watching this episode. If there was ever a need for motivation, you will find it in Bruce. I don't normally watch this show and was looking for something to serve as "background noise" while I worked... I found myself not working, but watching.... very powerful