Major night off

Options
I've had a major night off, bad food bad drink bad everything, oh my god 3 months in 25lb lost and i've done this! I feel terrible!

Replies

• Janautical
    Janautical Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You didn't lose 25 lbs in one night. You won't gain it all back in one night, either. Take a deep breath and get back on track tomorrow.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Don't? Food isn't a moral decision. You've lost 25. Sounds like a success. Keep calm and carry on.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Please don't. Consider it a mental health break. You probably had a good time, right? One day of overeating doesn't destroy all your hard work. The key is to just carry on now as if nothing happened and get back to reaching your goal. :smile:
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you i'll be straight back on it, I feel awful, so awful, I feel so bloated, horrible crappy food and drink, very annoyed i've done it to myself. I actually want to go to the gym and work it all off right about now and its 22.30. I feel like such a failure.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about it, if your food diary is correct you didnt even go over maintenance calories, you might be bloated for a day or two but no damage done
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's only one day, and sometimes, you just have to. Be easy with yourself, you're doing a fantastic job, you lost 25 pounds!
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Its only 1 day/night of splurging , don't beat yourself up over it. If you feel really bad about it try and compensate for it by lowering calories the rest of the week?. Or do what I do and see tomorrow as a new fresh start and don't look back. 8) P.S. You're not a failure, life is all about getting back on that horse and pushing through it 8)
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above! In fact, sometimes I think those nights are worth it to remind me how horrible I feel after overdoing it!
    Start fresh tomorrow--if you really feel worried, maybe cut back 100 calories every day to "make up" for it--but really I would only suggest that as a mental picker-upper. I think you'll be fine :flowerforyou: I hope you feel better tomorrow!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I ate extra today too. On a rare night out. But one night won't make us regain all our weight, so it's back to normal tomorrow and enjoy this "boost to our metabolism" ;)
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    2 lb was the damage, thanks for all your replies x
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that can include water weight and the bulk of food before you "pass" the waste. :tongue:
  • Fit_Chef_NE
    Fit_Chef_NE Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 7000 extra calories last night, you didn't gain 2 pounds. It's water retention. It will even out in a few days.