Walk With Me

Options
What could be more pleasant than an afternoon stroll along the beach like I had today? … not much :D A lovely warm and windy day and the feeling of a cool herbal beverage once I returned.
Where do you guys like to go when you walk? I have a muscle condition which makes me tired very quickly so I can't do much excessive working out so walking and hiking is something I've really discovered as beneficial!

Replies

• ObeseVeteran
    Options
    Hey Clare,

I recently moved from the big city out to the countryside. I used to hate walking amidst the hustle and bustle and noise and traffic. But now there are numerous trails that have up and down hills for miles that i can walk on a daily basis to get my goal started. :)
  • janeoconnell71
    janeoconnell71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love walking its the country side and hills for me. I can set off un the worse frame of mind but always come back relaxed and motivated :) really helps my weight loss.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I go to the park every morning at 5:30 am and power walk 5-6 miles. I love the fresh air, crisp morning and the park to myself. My son has joined me for the past week and is still hanging in there. I jump out of bed and I am out the door within an hour. I love my morning walks.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I live in the country. We have 10 acres. About 7 acres of it is rolling, wooded hills. I am fortunate, my husband keeps the trails groomed year round for me to hike. I just got back from my third 55 minute hike today. Each walk on my route gives me 30 staircases climbed on my fitbit. It is hot and humid here today. Not bad for an old lady that could barely walk up a staircase without getting out of breath 2 years ago.
  • dogpaws4ever
    dogpaws4ever Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It does not matter to me where I walk, just as long as I'm walking. City, Country, Park, Beach, it's the journey that I am on and I can always see amazing things no matter where I walk.
    I feel good once I am out there and as long as it's at least a 30 minute walk, my mind and body start to relax.