will still drinking my coffee make any difference

Options
ok im only here a few days now i drink loads of coffee too much prob about 15-20 cups a day but made of double strenght bad i know but does it make any difference to weight loss? Dont have milk and use sweetneers instead of sugar and somebody tells me that these are bad to use but its just i dont like sugar. Im on a waffle about nothing but im just wondering :ohwell:

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that much will affect your metabolism that an insane amount of coffee. Any more than 3 cups a day can have a negative impact on your health.

If you drink your coffee black it won't make much of a difference to losing weight but may impact your heath in other ways.
  • maclovin
    maclovin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would be more concerned about your heart and the strain you are putting on it. 15 cups is WAY to much. Increased caffeine levels can also lead to anxiety which will reduce your ability to lose weight as there is a direct correlation between stress and weight loss/gain.

J
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Holy moly, I'd consider cutting back on the coffee for reasons other than your weight. 15-20 cups a day is A LOT.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Geez and I thought I drank a lot of coffee! LOL..I normally drink about 4 cups a day with Splenda seeing as though coffee is not that many calories and your not using sugar I don't see a problem, other then to much caffeine can never be good for you. Coffee is a appetite suppressor for me I'm often able to skip a meal when I do have it.
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    how the hell do you manage to sleep at night? I only have maybe 2 cups a day and if i stretch to 3 or 4 i cant sleep! 15-20!!!! Tell me they are barbie cups please???
  • clairegaf79
    clairegaf79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yea it is way to much coffee i know my next aim is to start to cut back well at least have some decaf inbetween. coffee is all i drink with the odd soft drink thats why so much i guess. i find if i dont have coffee at night dont seem to sleep so well mental it is i must be wired backwards lol
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I am also a coffee addict, and I cut myself back to NO MORE THAN 12 oz of coffee per day. I use Coffee-Mate Lite powder creamer (10 cal per tsp) and Stevia in the Raw, which is a 0 calorie sweetener that is natural. Sooo my morning coffee is normally only around 30 calories. Why don't you try just making a stronger cup of coffee instead of drinking so much? After you've had 2 or 3 cups, switch to drinking water through the whole day. It's healthier for you, and the constant need to urinate will help keep you awake. ;-)
  • bounce0033
    Options
    I was a huge coffee drinker. This site has helped guide more balance in my life (food, coffee, etc...). Coffee will dehydrate you. It is recommended you have 8 glasses of water a day. It is believed for every cup of coffee you drink you should have an additional glass of water. There are pro's and con's to the argument.

Link: http://eatinghealthy.blogspot.com/2007/06/coffee-cancer-arteriosclerosis.html

So if you are confused - gradually cut back and drink lots of water because headaches you may experience may actually be a symptom of dehydration.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 2 pot a day coffee drinker while I was working. Back then I needed the jolt to keep me moving on the 10-18 hour days. Eventually it just didn't do it anymore. Then came the energy drink experiments.... let's not go there. Since I got out of that high stress/long day job I have cut back on the coffee. During the summer I was drinking 3 cups of regular during the day. Now in the winter when it is below freezing I have been drinking decaf to help warm me. The entire freezing thing with weight loss kinda sucks some times! lol I am drinking a pot of decaf in addition to my 3 cups of regular a day now just to stay warm. I am still drinking my 8-12 cups of water too, just without the ice! I don't log the brewed coffee, but I do log the low fat half and half I use in the 3 cups of regular. The decaf I drink black. I have not noticed a difference in weight loss at all. I am still averaging 2 pounds lost a week.
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You may also want to consider switching some of those cups of coffee to water. I know water may seem boring, I used to never drink it, but since I started carrying around a bottle of water everywhere, I find that I drink way more water and less of everything else that isn't as good for me.
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    caffine when reached beyond a certain level will have an opposite effect - it will make you very tired.

At least swap out for decaf!