Support & Prayers...

Options
Today I was told that I have 6 days to be able to pass a physical abilities test. I must run a 10 minute mile and complete a 100 yd obstacle course in 1:45 sec.....

Yesterday I ran an 11 minute mile. Today I will be running twice...I will post those results later.

I ask that everyone please pray for me, because I HAVE to pass this test! It is mandatory...I have testing anxiety and mild asthma, sometimes I almost hyper-ventilate at the starting line from my anxiety. I need everyone's strength and encouragement to help me stay calm...

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE
... and keep pushing! =)

Replies

• goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't do prayer, but am definitely sending some positive and encouraging vibes your way! best of luck!
  • lindyloopyloo
    Options
    I will pray for you. All the best in your tests/
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I will definitely pray for you. If you can run an 11 minute mile, I KNOW you have it in you to push yourself to a 10 minute mile. I don't know you, but I have faith that you can do it. You WILL triumph over anxiety and asthma. Show them who's boss! You got this girly!!!!!! Congratulations in advance! :wink: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Praying for you! I used to be in the Army, and always got the WORST anxiety about P.T. tests. Use all of that nervous adrenaline to boost your speed!
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    I pray and I know God is moving on your behalf. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.
  • 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I will pray for you. Good luck! :)
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    I don't do prayer either but wish you the best of luck! xxx
  • fourbcrew
    fourbcrew Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just imagine something that you truly enjoy doing and put that thought in your mind. God will give you the desires of your heart. We will be praying with you!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • LLP1225
    LLP1225 Posts: 21
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck. I will say a prayer for you now.
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Praying for you! Make sure you post and let us know you passed!!
  • Cwest16
    Options
    Well, I don't do prayer, but am definitely sending some positive and encouraging vibes your way! best of luck!

Thank you! I can use all the encouraging and positivity that I can get! =)
  • Cwest16
    Options
    I will definitely pray for you. If you can run an 11 minute mile, I KNOW you have it in you to push yourself to a 10 minute mile. I don't know you, but I have faith that you can do it. You WILL triumph over anxiety and asthma. Show them who's boss! You got this girly!!!!!! Congratulations in advance! :wink: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Thank you hun! And I accepted ur friend's request as well! =)
  • Cwest16
    Options
    Ok...to reply to everyone that wished me well...etc...THANK YOU! I would send individual messages, but it'd take too long. lol I will DEFINITELY be informing you all of results, so please expect them on tuesday, wednesday at the latest (unless i get really busy). I have been going to the gym twice a day (a grand total of about 3-4 hours), working with a personal trainer, stretching like crazy, and being VERRRRRY anal about what I put in my body at least these next few days. Hopefully it pays off. I'm feeling pretty positive right now too! =)

AGAIN.........THANK YOU ALL! =_
  • Cwest16
    Options
    Well, I went for my Physical Fitness Test (PT) and they rescheduled on me! OMG! Well, that just gives me even more time to train and get ready. Today I went out to an obstacle course and worked out with my boo (he is SOOOOOO supportive through all of this) and I overcame a LOT of my worries. Hopefully it will be warm and the test will be a breeze on the 8th of Feb! =)
  • Cwest16
    Options
    RESULTS OF THE EXAM...

I failed it. =( I missed my time by 17 seconds, BUT I get a retake on the 19th...Hopefully I can make up my tim e and that its dry out there this time. =( Slipped and slid all across that stupid fence! ugh!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have 5K obstacle course coming up in April. i know the pressure
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have 5K obstacle course coming up in April. i know the pressure